X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IST'ing to California NG

I'm a 19D with Washington State IST'ing to California.

I've left messages with some units in the area I'm moving to, and have not received any calls back.

I'm now thinking I'd rather find the unit I'd prefer to be with instead of what's local/convenient. Hoping there are 11 series or 19D's around these forums that can suggest the right unit(s) and hopefully POC's.

I'd really like to find an Airborne unit that'll pick me up. If that's not feasible then I'd prefer a dismount CAV troop or Infantry company that'll take me. (Maybe 1-18th CAV RSTA?)

I've also heard there are some units that will send me to BAC if I extend my contract. That'd be outstanding.

Other notes: If I had to get MOS-Q'd as an 11B that'd be fine. Upcoming scheduled deployments are fine too.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Re: IST'ing to California NG

Ever thought about 19th SFG(A)? Thats a option, you could look into.

Comment

Yes, Phantom! Looks like A co. 19th Group is near San Fran. Been working with a friend up here with in 1st SFG in preparation for the Q. A co. wouldn't let me assign to them directly, would they?

Comment

Yep, just contact the SF Recruiter for them, and he will even help with the IST.

Comment

And once again, Phantom finds another one with "the bug"

Comment

Ohhh wow. That's awesome. PM inbound.

Comment

Originally posted by mryan525
              And once again, Phantom finds another one with "the bug"
              He'd find a needle in a hay stack; Can't have enough snake eaters

Comment

PM in your inbox, Phantom.

Comment

Originally posted by 7011USMC
                  He'd find a needle in a hay stack; Can't have enough snake eaters

I dont always get it right, there is one out there, that I am sitting back, with my popcorn, and waiting for the excuses to roll in. But this kid might work, and if it doesnt, atleast he tried, and trying is the first step in the path to success.

Any 19th guys around, shoot me a PM, I have a question for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom
                    I dont always get it right, there is one out there, that I am sitting back, with my popcorn, and waiting for the excuses to roll in. But this kid might work, and if it doesnt, atleast he tried, and trying is the first step in the path to success.

Any 19th guys around, shoot me a PM, I have a question for you.
                    No excuses. Sent a few messages to 19th Group'ers that were inquiring about recruiting in Cali on the QP forums. Standing fast for business hours to make further contact.

Comment

I was told I can't be directly assigned to Group.

A recruiter that was recommended to me is working on finding a unit that will pick me up until I can get re-assigned. Was told all of 1-18th CAV is full.

So, now I'm looking for an Infantry unit and likely needing to get 11B MOS-q'd, if anyone has more suggestions.

Comment

Modesto and Dublin

Originally posted by ScoutzOut
                        I was told I can't be directly assigned to Group.

A recruiter that was recommended to me is working on finding a unit that will pick me up until I can get re-assigned. Was told all of 1-18th CAV is full.

So, now I'm looking for an Infantry unit and likely needing to get 11B MOS-q'd, if anyone has more suggestions.

Comment

Working...
                        X