X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If your unit is over 50 miles away

If your unit is over 50 miles away is a hotel or anything provided or do you make the trip home every night.

Re: If your unit is over 50 miles away

Pack a cot and sleeping bag.

Comment

Possibly, although your unit may have you stay on a cot or bunk at the armory. It depends on what your command does about that.

Comment

My unit puts us up in a hotel.

Comment

Varies by unit. Some units work out of a small armory and may provide as little as a cot for you to sleep on. Some are actually on developed bases and can request a barracks space (bay style room) for anyone that needs to stay over.

Comment

We use cots in the armory, I actually like it, but if they want to pay for a room i'll take it seeing how i have a 3.5 hr drive to drill.So I know your not complaining because we would all take it if they offered it.
            It doesn't really matter to me because i've waited a long time to get back into the guard and i know there's alot of people that'll take my place if they had the chance.

Comment

I would drive 5 hrs if i had to and pitch a tent.

Comment

Originally posted by azIce
                My unit puts us up in a hotel.
                Really? Everyone? Who did you hear that from? I hadn't heard anything yet. Cool deal....

Comment

Originally posted by KMANinTX
                  Really? Everyone? Who did you hear that from? I hadn't heard anything yet. Cool deal....
                  SFC Balderston at the unit. Who's to say whether or not that changes of course.

Comment

I stay in a hotel and deduct mileage and hotel costs from taxes every year (Form 2106). You can if you live over 50 miles away.

Comment

My unit puts us that live outside the area in a hotel of our choice. We only get reimbursed for x amount so no expensive suites unless we want to fork over the cash ourselves. But all the hotels in the area have government rates that are the same price anyhow.

Comment

Bring a sleeping bag and be ready to sleep in the classroom on a cot.

Comment

Originally posted by KMANinTX
                          We do hotels. A nice one actually with a lake view. It's 2-man rooms, or you can request a single and pay half ($50), which is what I do.

Comment

Originally posted by dnall
                            We do hotels. A nice one actually with a lake view. It's 2-man rooms, or you can request a single and pay half ($50), which is what I do.

Can't wait....think AzIce is going to beat me there......long azz MOS school...

Comment

My unit is over 50 miles away, I should ask about this as the drive on the New Jersey Parkway is never pleasant - and I hate doing it 4 times over 2 days.

Comment

Working...
                              X