X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: If your unit is over 50 miles away

I drive 65 miles home after drill. Our unit won't fund lodging, unless you count sleeping on a cot in a cubicle as lodging.

Comment

I drive 100 miles one way to drill, and like others am only offered a cot. I don't stay because as an officer I need to give my guys some breathing room at the end of the day, and unfortunately where I drill is in the middle of nowhere and the only motels are of the roach infested type.

Comment

Might I recommend the floor?...it's all you really need. If you're resourceful, your TA-50 will have all the luxuries one could need. Puss Pad, fart sack, and woobie. (If you're real smart, you would have stuck a mini pillow in your ruck.) Bottom line, you're there to train. Sleep is a crutch.
        Last edited by SF Hunter; March 20th, 2013, 04:30 PM. Reason: inappropriate link

Comment

Originally posted by 11B View Post
          Might I recommend the floor?...it's all you really need. If you're resourceful, your TA-50 will have all the luxuries one could need. Puss Pad, fart sack, and woobie. (If you're real smart, you would have stuck a mini pillow in your ruck.) Bottom line, you're there to train. Sleep is a crutch.

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/produ...FaUWMgod3xcAcg
          May I ask why you just revived a 2 plus year old thread?

Comment

Working...
          X