Announcement Module
No announcement yet.

Prior service

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Prior service

    During previous service I was honorably discharged under article 5-17. I have a reentry code of 3. I read somewhere that I needed a waiver to reenlist but a recruiter I talked to never mentioned anything about that, any second opinions. Also I was told that I was ineligible for a sign on bonus. Even though my discharge was involuntary. Is there anything I can do to get a bonus by rejoining. I never received any bonus from previous enlistment. Also if I do need a waiver, when I apply for one can the issue of a bonus be included with it.
    Last edited by pm1982; April 18th, 2006, 07:15 PM.

  • #2
    I don't know about the cash bonus but I believe that you need a medical waiver (I also have re-3 and ch 5-17). Also you want any medical records that pertain to your situation (military and civilian), and other military documents (DD214, and discharge papers regarding your separation) from your prior enlistment. Your recruiter will need to arrange the waiver evaluations for you.

    (Anyone with an Army re-code of 3 needs a waiver to enlist in any branch of the armed forces.)
    Last edited by PriorSvc; April 18th, 2006, 10:13 PM.