X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joining

Hello, I was wondering if someone could help me? I am going to sign up for the National Guard but I have some credit issues. I have let some bill go past due and sent to collections. I am in the process of doing a debt consolidation. I want to sign up for 31B (MP) would the credit hurt me? Or would I still have a chance to get 31B due to the fact I am trying to clean it up. I was also wondering what score on the ASVAB do you have to get for 31B.

Thank you

Ryan

Please e-mail coments to r.hartigan@hotmail.com

Your credit may affect your ability to get a secret clearance which is one of the requirements necessary for 31B. It all depends on how your bad credit will rate according to the regulatory criteria followed by the personnel authorized to award the security clearances. Have your recruiter check with your state J-2 section to see whether or not you'll be able to acquire the security clearance.

You'll need a minimum score of 31-50 on the AFQT (depending on your state) and a line item score of 91 on the ST (your recruiter will explain what those scores mean). The only other item that you must meet as mentioned before is the ability to get a secret clearance.
    Last edited by SSG Beckering; January 13th, 2011, 11:52 AM. Reason: Inaccurate information

Comment

Working...
    X