X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ged and 48 on ASVAB

What's this FEMA deal? I have a GED but only 6 credits but my recruiter tells me there is a Tier II spot for me and to wait till I get in to do the rest of my degree. I took the ASVAB lastnight and scored 91. Talked to my recruiter this morning and asked if the score would help me with MOS choices and was told my GED is still gonna hold me back as far as MOS goes...but dang if I can get the credit hrs to go in as a Tier I and do it in a couple weeks...would that not be the best option?

Comment

I paid $600 because i was not yet enlisted. for military personell its $300 no military its $600

Comment

First off, thats straight BS! Who did you pay $600 to?????? Well guess what you got screwed, FEMA courses are FREE of charge and because you live in NYS, the NYS Board of Education Office will charge you $100-$125 to convert them onto a transcript. I wish you would post who charged you that $600!
        Last edited by SFC_Wilson; July 24th, 2011, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by teddy13bu6 View Post
          First off, thats straight BS! Who did you pay $600 to?????? Well guess what you got screwed, FEMA courses are FREE of charge and because you live in NYS, the NYS Board of Education Office will charge you $100-$125 to convert them onto a transcript. I wish you would post who charged you that $600!
          Why would i lie about it. Fema charged me $688 for being no military 1-16 credits. and they send me an unofficial transcript to my house and an official transcript to my recruiter and another to the Board of ed. because i really have a reason to lie on an online forum....
          Last edited by SFC_Wilson; July 24th, 2011, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FaryJ View Post
            Why would i lie about it. Fema charged me $688 for being no military 1-16 credits. and they send me an unofficial transcript to my house and an official transcript to my recruiter and another to the Board of ed. because i really have a reason to lie on an online forum....
            Ok this is to much. Your either lying or you got hammered! I have taken over 150 FEMA courses, more over I have let many applicants use my laptop to take them for FREE! Would you like the link?????? I will post it for EVERYONE to see! Some recruiters are running a scam on that in my area and I make sure I detour Applicants to other recruiters when I hear something like this. FEMA does not charge for IS COURSES! They send you a transcript upon request. First off, slow your role and watch your mouth! I'm not here to judge you, What I was saying is WHO TOOK THAT CASH FROM YOU? because the courses are free! The only thing you need to pay for is the FEE to get them translated OUTSIDE has NOTHING to do with FEMA! So either you want my advise and help or you want to be another person MISLEAD and TAKEN advantage of! YOU CHOOSE!
            Last edited by SFC_Wilson; July 24th, 2011, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Ok this is to much. Your either lying or you got hammered! I have taken over 150 FEMA courses, more over I have let many applicants use my laptop to take them for FREE! Would you like the link?????? I will post it for EVERYONE to see! Some recruiters are running a scam on that in my area and I make sure I detour Applicants to other recruiters when I hear something like this. FEMA does not charge for IS COURSES! They send you a transcript upon request. First off, slow your role and watch your mouth! I'm not here to judge you, What I was saying is WHO TOOK THAT CASH FROM YOU? because the courses are free! The only thing you need to pay for is the FEE to get them translated OUTSIDE has NOTHING to do with FEMA! So either you want my advise and help or you want to be another person MISLEAD and TAKEN advantage of! YOU CHOOSE!
              I dont take kind to being called a liar, and u was indeed charged $688 and he gave me a receipt too and showed me the paper work that said how much it cost for military and non military. I posted and got 16 packers at fine each a certificate for each course individually then a received an unofficial transcript. a w week later I re took my asvab got a 60, another week later I'm enlisted
              Last edited by SFC_Wilson; July 24th, 2011, 10:36 PM.

Comment

I dont take kind to being called a liar, and u was indeed charged $688 and he gave me a receipt too and showed me the paper work that said how much it cost for military and non military. I posted and got 16 packers at fine each a certificate for each course individually then a received an unofficial transcript. a w week later I re took my asvab got a 60, another week later I'm enlisted
                Like I said in the PM I sent you. You need to get with me outside this Post, reply to my PM if your interested. If not then I will leave you to what choices you have made. You wont hear from me about this anymore, my hand is here as your help, your choice...

Comment

okayy seriously dude!! no BS..im not enlisted either..im just going to MEPS for the first time tomorrow!..i took 18 FEMA courses and then my recruiter sent a letter to get my transcript ..im not paying a cent..ALL bravado aside..you got hammered BRO!!..try and get ur money back or something =/ SMH BIG TIME!
                  Last edited by SFC_Wilson; July 24th, 2011, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Sorry for being rude guys. This new recruit gas a lot to learn. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Sorry for being rude guys. This new recruit gas a lot to learn. Thanks for the heads up.
                      Its ok dude, we are here to help. We just dont want to see people get pushed over or told the wrong things. I like to help people, its what I do. Thats what brothers are for. help each other out when needed.

P.S. I'm in the NYARNG in NYC....

Comment

• Leonardo Lopez
                        Leonardo Lopez commented
                        Editing a comment
                        hey, so I wanted to ask you I'm trying to join the national guard unfortunately I have a GED and I am in the same situation as the other guy in the forum, I finished 15 classes of the FEMA but I am told by FEMA that I have to pay hundreds of dollars in order to get a transcript for the 15 college credits. Is it really the only way?

Its ok dude, we are here to help. We just dont want to see people get pushed over or told the wrong things. I like to help people, its what I do. Thats what brothers are for. help each other out when needed.

P.S. I'm in the NYARNG in NYC....
                      Thanks again. I sent you a pm

Comment

Can You post the link for these FEMA classes. And they are for sure accepted as 15 credits?

Comment

Working...
                        X