X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ged and 48 on ASVAB

Im in NYC, I have a GED and scored a 48 on my ASVAB. I am working with a recruiter here who said he can get me in with my score, but hes taking kind of long. I dont know if hes stalling me or if hes really trying to help me, he recently told me i was in the top 3 for his office to join. and now tells me i have to wait until after jan. i already to MEPs and i passed my physical and all, does anybody know when the GED spots will open again? im going for either 19D or 35L.

Re: Ged and 48 on ASVAB

Originally posted by FaryJ View Post
    Im in NYC, I have a GED and scored a 48 on my ASVAB. I am working with a recruiter here who said he can get me in with my score, but hes taking kind of long. I dont know if hes stalling me or if hes really trying to help me, he recently told me i was in the top 3 for his office to join. and now tells me i have to wait until after jan. i already to MEPs and i passed my physical and all, does anybody know when the GED spots will open again? im going for either 19D or 35L.
    How many college credits do you have?

Comment

I dont have any college credits, its a long story. But he said i didnt need them.

Comment

Be patient. Wait to next week. Happy new year

Comment

Thank you, Happy New Year to you aswell

Comment

Has there been updates to this question that anyone is aware of?

Comment

So now my recruiter asked me to re-take the asvab ( which i did, i get my score tomorrow) but he said the Army National Guard is now asking for a 50 or higher, with 15 to 30 credits.

Comment

Yeah, I have 63 credits AND a GED AND a 2 year college degree from Bryant and Stratton College. So taking 15 credits won't hurt you FaryJ. I'm thinking about joining the Army National Gurad this summer 2011. Good luck and happy new year to all

-George Smith

Completed college as of 18 December 2010.

Will be recieving my college degree effective 3 June 2011

GO GUARD HOOAH

Comment

Yea i just did it and got my credits. i should be able to enlist no later than 2 weeks from today according to my recruiter

Comment

I dont have any college credits, its a long story. But he said i didnt need them.
                    ok...you dont have credits 3 weeks ago
                    So now my recruiter asked me to re-take the asvab ( which i did, i get my score tomorrow) but he said the Army National Guard is now asking for a 50 or higher, with 15 to 30 credits.
                    4 days ago you're told you need them

Yea i just did it and got my credits. i should be able to enlist no later than 2 weeks from today according to my recruiter
                    1 day ago you now have the 15 credits???

How did that happen?

Comment

Originally posted by RSP NCO View Post
                      ok...you dont have credits 3 weeks ago

4 days ago you're told you need them

1 day ago you now have the 15 credits???

How did that happen?
                      university of life experience . org.....you dont need time in the seat tell us your experience and pay $2k and will give you paper.

Comment

lol its a program called fema. heres the long story. i did attend school i had 36 credits but the school i went to closed down, it was a private non accredited school so i lost all my credits and i was stuck with a loan. so i recently took the fema course which you pay about $600 you take a short course for a certain class and you take an exam for it. once you pass the exam you get the credits for that course. its a desperate way of getting the credits and you would have to either already have taken the class or had tutoring for that class.

Comment

I did a program called FEMA. you pay about $700 and you take the courses, and you get college credits for the courses. it was $700 for the 15 credits. its a desperate act but i did it.

Comment

you paid $600-$700??..im joining the national guard with a GED as well..i scored a 79 on the asvab ..my recruiter told me about the FEMA courses and made me do 18 credit courses! i didnt pay a cent. im heading out to MEPS next week!

Comment

Congrats to joining and making the committment. Once you're in, I think it might be wise to seek additional education opportunities. Don't stop at 15 or 18 credits because it's just enough to get in, go for your Bachelor's degree. The military is very pro-education and it helps you when it comes time for promotion, not to mention how much education helps in the civilian world. Try out a community college and if you do well, then transfer to a 4-year school. As you'll learn in life and in the military it's not just about doing the bare minimum. Just my .02.

Comment

Working...
                              X