X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• active first

Can you get in the active first program with a criminal record? My waiver was approved to. Enlist but my recruiter isn't sure about being able to enlist in the active first program, but he's checking into it.. I have 3 charges minor in possesion of alcohol, dui, and possesion of marijuana. Thank you for taking the time to read my post

God bles and hope everyone had a great holiday.

Re: active first

I'm going to say "no". I may be incorrect. Best of luck.

Moderator edit: Active First program is currently CLOSED.
    Last edited by SFC_Wilson; July 27th, 2011, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Thank you for taking the time to answer me? Why is it I can enlist in the guard but not active first? Ethir way I'm Enlisting id just like to know. I m just going to serve some time in the guard then finish out my career active thanks for your time.

Comment

Originally posted by rbm4 View Post
        Thank you for taking the time to answer me? Why is it I can enlist in the guard but not active first? Ethir way I'm Enlisting id just like to know. I m just going to serve some time in the guard then finish out my career active thanks for your time.
        My take is if you want to go active first; then why just go regular Army off the bat? You can do a three-year or 4-year enlistment and then go into the Guard or Reserves still.

Sometimes that needs to be waivered can be denied at the federal level but the State TAG will approve it.

Point is that you are getting in with those infractions. Continue to do well and then try to transfer later on.

Comment

Every service has different standards and apply them according to their strength levels, among other things. If they need people- they relax the standards, when they start getting full- they strengthen them. The possession charge may keep you out of active duty, but the guard will allow it. Some things are the other way around, for example sometimes the guard will not take a psych waiver at all, but active army will. It changes all the time. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
            My take is if you want to go active first; then why just go regular Army off the bat? You can do a three-year or 4-year enlistment and then go into the Guard or Reserves still.
            The huge transfer bonus by doing Active First.......if any piece of it still exists.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
              The huge transfer bonus by doing Active First.......if any piece of it still exists.
              Nope...thats been gone for a while. Hard to believe it was 50,000 a couple years ago. Now people are just begging to get in.

Comment

I plan to work hard in the guard and later transfer to the active army. And I do feel that I was blessed to get in Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. I hope everyone has a good new years.

Comment

Working...
                X