X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• waiver got sent to the pentagon!

does anyone know how long this process usually lasts? My waiver is for spontaneous pneumothorax (collapse lung which happened almost 5 years ago while i was playing basketball for school) my recruiter said that since it has made its way to the pentagon it has a really good chance of getting approved. Is this true?

Re: waiver got sent to the pentagon!

Let me shake my magic eightball. ????

Comment

Did you need a chest tube?

Originally posted by Cwooten3 View Post
      does anyone know how long this process usually lasts? My waiver is for spontaneous pneumothorax (collapse lung which happened almost 5 years ago while i was playing basketball for school) my recruiter said that since it has made its way to the pentagon it has a really good chance of getting approved. Is this true?
      Last edited by GaEMTDiver; December 6th, 2010, 02:38 PM.

Comment

yes i needed a chest tube

Comment

Wow, the pentagon, I thought NGB was as high as our stuff went. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Nelson View Post
            Wow, the pentagon, I thought NGB was as high as our stuff went. LOL
            hahaha...nice

Comment

does anyone know how long this process usually lasts? My waiver is for spontaneous pneumothorax (collapse lung which happened almost 5 years ago while i was playing basketball for school)
              The norm for waivers that make their way to DC is probably 3 weeks to 2 months. Shorter or longer is a little rare. Once it gets beyond 2 months, get aggressive about asking for status to make sure it hasn't slipped through the cracks somewhere.

Comment

yes i needed a chest tube
                Do you smoke?

Comment

Originally posted by GaEMTDiver View Post
                  Do you smoke?
                  no i dont dont smoke.

Comment

I got word today that my waiver got denied. I am determined to get into the Army or National Guard. It just will take more time. I am not giving up achieving my goals.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. Try the regular Army. Did you send in letters from a doctor saying you are ok now with the waiver?

Comment

Sorry that your waiver got denied. GOOD LUCK

Comment

Originally posted by jrsdaddy View Post
                          Sorry to hear that. Try the regular Army. Did you send in letters from a doctor saying you are ok now with the waiver?
                          i had a note from about 2 years ago, do you think that I should get an up to date one?

Comment

I think you should get as manny as possible. You have to convince the army surgeon general that he should approve your waiver and that you are ok. If you get another letter or letters I do belive you can ask for a relook. I would try the regular army first with a few more letters saying that you are in good heath now and that your lungs are heathy. See a pulmonologist and explain what you are trying to do and ask if they would be willing to wright you a letter and get the medical records.

Comment

Originally posted by jrsdaddy View Post
                              I think you should get as manny as possible. You have to convince the army surgeon general that he should approve your waiver and that you are ok. If you get another letter or letters I do belive you can ask for a relook. I would try the regular army first with a few more letters saying that you are in good heath now and that your lungs are heathy. See a pulmonologist and explain what you are trying to do and ask if they would be willing to wright you a letter and get the medical records.
                              thank you, i am going to see a pulmonologist soon. The surgeon general hasnt heard the last from me.

Comment

Working...
                              X