Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
waiver got sent to the pentagon! Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: waiver got sent to the pentagon!

    Originally posted by Cwooten3 View Post
    thank you, i am going to see a pulmonologist soon. The surgeon general hasnt heard the last from me.
    Suggestion- Consider your next reapplication your last and plan accordingly. Do not expect to keep reapplying several times until somehow you'll be approved. With your next waiver application, you will need to convince the board that the last one was wrong, which is no small feat.

    A spontaneous pneumothorax is scary to doctors. If the Army can't get assurances that it won't happen again,they will be extremely reluctant to give a pass to someone who may have a lung collapse after a work-out or on the battlefield. The letter from your pulmonologist needs to explain WHY it happened the first time, which is often hard to do. If he's unable to give assurances that he knows the cause and the cause is now a non-issue, the waiver is likely to be shot down again.

    You might also look into Active Army or state militia as a back-up.

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: waiver got sent to the pentagon!

      I just stsrted the process of getting a medical waiver as well. The recruiter said that it is being sent to the NGB. I seperated my shoulder in high school playing football, and had a little tendonitis. I submitted the records and my physical was denied. I am signing up under the O9S option and i have to ship by the end of January/Early February in order to be back in time for phase zero. My question is, how fast is the waiver process nowadays, and do potential officers come under more scrutiny than enlisted? I really want to get to MEPS and get a date as quickly as possible, but if this waiver process take a month or longer, i dont think I will have time to make it. Thanks in advance for any help!

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: waiver got sent to the pentagon!

        Originally posted by rd1632 View Post
        I just stsrted the process of getting a medical waiver as well. The recruiter said that it is being sent to the NGB. I seperated my shoulder in high school playing football, and had a little tendonitis. I submitted the records and my physical was denied. I am signing up under the O9S option and i have to ship by the end of January/Early February in order to be back in time for phase zero. My question is, how fast is the waiver process nowadays, and do potential officers come under more scrutiny than enlisted? I really want to get to MEPS and get a date as quickly as possible, but if this waiver process take a month or longer, i dont think I will have time to make it. Thanks in advance for any help!
        When you say your physical was denied, I'm assuming that you went to MEPS and completed it, but were DQ'd for your shoulder, yes? If that's the case, you have a shot at getting a waiver back in a few weeks, though paper moves very slowly until the start of the New Year. Waivers for something that isn't too complicated can get done in a few weeks, but that's on the fast side. It's usually 3-8 weeks for a medical waiver. Keep your fingers crossed, it's all you can do...

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: waiver got sent to the pentagon!

          Originally posted by notyetdead View Post
          When you say your physical was denied, I'm assuming that you went to MEPS and completed it, but were DQ'd for your shoulder, yes? If that's the case, you have a shot at getting a waiver back in a few weeks, though paper moves very slowly until the start of the New Year. Waivers for something that isn't too complicated can get done in a few weeks, but that's on the fast side. It's usually 3-8 weeks for a medical waiver. Keep your fingers crossed, it's all you can do...
          I had a date to go to MEPS, and the recruiter submitted my medical records to MEPS for review, to see if they would give me a physical and go through the MEPS process. She emailed me and told me that after the doctors reviewed my records at MEPS, they decided they would not give me a physical, or allow me to participate in the MEPS process. She said she was submitting the waiver to the NGB now. Is this situation worse, and give me less a chance of getting the waiver because they refused to see me in the first place? if so, is this waiver process probably going to take longer? It's just so frustrating not knowing because i have my career, and i have to let them know i will be leaving. I guess i didnt think this was a big deal, it is a common sports injury and it doesnt even bother me. It also happened 7 years ago. I wish i could tell that to a doctor face to face, but i havnt gotten that opportunity. all they are reviewing are old medical records, and wont even give me a chance for examination to see if it bothers me. So frustrated. Thanks for any comments or hepl.

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: waiver got sent to the pentagon!

            Originally posted by rd1632 View Post
            She said she was submitting the waiver to the NGB now. Is this situation worse, and give me less a chance of getting the waiver because they refused to see me in the first place?
            For a lot of things requiring a waiver, they let you go ahead and have the physical done. Then you're DQ'd with a code explaining for what reason. Then your waiver goes to the NGB and if they okay it, you can swear in.

            In your case, once your waiver comes through, you'll still need to go to MEPS, get approved, then swear in. Scheduling of MEPS can sometimes take several weeks. Ask your recruiter if it's possible to schedule a MEPS appointment prior to getting your waiver back. If you wait to schedule a MEPS visit until AFTER the waiver gets returned, you may miss your timeline.

            Comment

            Working...
            X