X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutting Waiver?

I've cut myself in the past when I struggled with depression and went on medication for a time. I have heard that if I pass a psych. evaluation and am off medication for at least a year it may be possible for me to join. I'm just trying to get some more information before I bother any recruiters. Thank you for your help....

edit: forgot to mention I'm in NJ.
    Last edited by davisac; December 2nd, 2010, 11:14 PM.

Re: Cutting Waiver?

There is a great recruiter in NJ, and is on this forum. but he will probably ignore you like he did me. Do you think your passed depression will act up again when all of your freedom is striped away and you get home sick and the DS is calling you names? Just asking.

Comment

Re: Cutting Waiver?

Directly from the Medical Fitness criteria; History of suicidal behavior, including gesture(s) or attempt(s) (300.9) or history of self-
      mutilation or injury used as a way of dealing with life and emotions. Is a disqualification from enlistment.

The state of New Jersey is not accepting any medical waivers at this time, and most states are not accepting any type of mental or behavioral waiver.
      As always, a local recruiter is your best source of information.

Comment

Working...
      X