X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got discharged before basic.

So I was told I was discharged, haven't had my papers come in yet. I had already went through MEPS, swearing in, signing my 6 year contract and everything. I even went to my first drill and was paid. But they never gave me my ACU's, battle book, or PT uniform.. I was set to ship in February as 68W. The thing that led to my discharge was a prior arrest from when I was a juvenile. When I was at MEPS, the counselor read through my record and my recruiter had brought in a letter from the Court about the whole thing. It said "was never formally charged..." so the counselor who signed the contract with me said I was good to go, and if I had any problems in the future, I should show the letter. About a month later, my recruiter told me that the National Guard had a problem with the fact that I was put under probation, even though the diversionary program was voluntary. What are my options? Serving is something I am really passionate about, and I don't want this opportunity to go to waste. I had planned to go in and undertake OCS to become an officer in the Army.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'm from Chicago, IL. 19 years old
    Last edited by zangetsu786; November 29th, 2010, 05:42 PM.

Re: Got discharged before basic.

1. Go speak with your coc, and jag, if it's not official.

2. If it's official, speak with a recruiter.

Comment

Re: Got discharged before basic.

I'm a bit confused: you indicated your letter said you were "never formally charged", but later you were put under probation.

A letter from the court is fine, but you may need a letter from the solicitor or the DA outlining how you weren't charged, but entered a diversionary program voluntarily.

When there are gaps, people tend to try to fill them. Give them facts directly from the source(s) for clarity.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
      X