X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PA 15W Slots?

I have a lot of goals and aspirations once, god willing, I enlist with the National Gaurd. Eventually I would like to become a Helicoptor pilot and be the best at everything I do.

That being said I thought what better way to become a pilot then to be a 15W (UAV operator) and be rated as a pilot. Well, I was told by my recruiter that there aren't any 15W slots available in PA.

From my understanding (through my own reseach and reading on this forum) the new fiscal year started in Ocotber. Does that mean there will not be any slots until the new fiscal year? What can I do to find out if there are any slots in the surrounding states (New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, and possibly West Virginia)? I would be willing to drive (within reason) in order to get a 15W slots.

This isn't my only option but would really like to head in this field and become a 15W.

Re: PA 15W Slots?

Anyone have any answers?

Comment

Re: PA 15W Slots?

There may not be slots available in PA because they have no UAV's to operate. It is not a guarantee that every state will offer every MOS. For example, there is an MOS for Army Diver, but only two states National Guard units have that MOS. If you are curious about what is available in nearby states, your best decision is to search the internet for your closest recruiter in each state, call them, and ask if they have any UAV operators in the state, If they have any vacancies, and when they expect they might have vacancies. Armed with that knowledge, you can make an informed decision about what to do next.

Comment

Working...
      X