Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MEPS-medical waiver

Hi everyone,
    I am heading to MEPS next friday to hopefully swear in. I have been researching for a while on here and I have noticed that many people are given medical waivers and have to make a MEPS trip multiple times.
    My question is:
    Is this a normal occurrence? I am a healthy adult with no past situations of injuries or illnesses, so I thought I would be fine...but now I'm getting worried that they look for the tiniest abnormality and will give you heck about it.

Does anyone have any experience with the MEPS in Shreveport, LA? Will I be there less time since I have already taken my ASVAB?

I think I understand what will go on from previous posts, I just want to know if I should be prepared for the worse...

Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: MEPS-medical waiver

I am a healthy adult with no past situations of injuries or illnesses
    sounds like you will be fine, have fun.

Comment

I was down at meps from 0430 through 1300 last Friday, and didn't get to swear in, denied because I have 1% more body fat than allowed. Understandable, but plan on being down there for at least half the day.

Comment

I have been told that I could be there for 10-12 hours easy, so I'm prepared. I am just ready to get this started. It will be such a disappointment to think I am this close only to get DQ'ed for something.

Comment

Went to MEPS today. No problems and I'm in!

Comment

That's great, what is your mos?????????

Comment

I've been to meps twice and failed the hearing test both times. They DQ'd me because I had an ear infection. (picky picky)They also sent me a DQ letter in the mail...i hope my recruiter can work out a med waiver for me.

Comment

Did you clean your ears out?

Comment

Has anyone told you to wear ear plugs for awhile be for you go to meps? For real it works, I have to wear ear plugs for my job, 8 to 10 hrs a day, and when i take them out everything hurts my ears, it makes your ears supper sensitive to sound. Cant even listen to the radio on the way home. Just wanted to through that out there. Good luck with everything!

Comment

I'm not sure how to say it so I apologize if it mess it up. But I enlisted as a O9S and will be an officer for 31A in Louisiana. I don't graduate with my masters till May so my bct ship date is not till May 31.
                    Last edited by SFC_Wilson; July 29th, 2011, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X