Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

In the middle of an IST (Montana to Jersey)

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the middle of an IST (Montana to Jersey)

....curious about a couple of things.

I'm waiting on the recruiter that has been assigned to me (or so I've been told) to contact me and finish the IST process. I'm wondering.....

1. Can I change my MOS (currently a 91 Delta)?
    2. Am I elidgable to receive a possible MOS bonus?
    3. Will my college loan reimbursement follow me here (it was in my contract in Montana).
    4. Can I opt of out #3 and go with the G.I. Bill/Kicker?
    5. How do I get into OCS?
    6. Is Active First available for me (Actually, I justin completed AIT this past August).
    7. I want to, at some point, go full time BIG ARMY....since I'm in the middle of a transfer and don't really belong to anyone, is therea window for that?
    8. If I wanted to go to jump school, it is difficult to get in?

...(I'm already in New Jersey and have done two SUTAS with a unit)

Does anyone here know the Jersey National Guard recruiter who is in charge of these things?

Thank you!

eslguy76

Re: In the middle of an IST (Montana to Jersey)

What unit are you in? I'm in NJ too. What recruiter did they give you to contact?

Comment

Lt.,

A recruiter has not been assigned to me as of yet. I do know that the paperwork arrived from Montana last week. I'm debating on waiting a few more days or calling the IST cordinator myself and see what is going on.

Comment

Originally posted by eslguy76 View Post
        ....curious about a couple of things.
        I'm waiting on the recruiter that has been assigned to me (or so I've been told) to contact me and finish the IST process. I'm wondering.....
        you should be contacted by the IST Coordinator

1. Can I change my MOS (currently a 91 Delta)?
        If where you move there are no 91D positions nearby then you will be able to change your MOS. Most likely it will be whatever MOS the unit is in need of. They'll probably give your the choice of a couple.

2. Am I elidgable to receive a possible MOS bonus?
        No, you will not get a bonus if you didnt have one in your contract when you enlisted.

3. Will my college loan reimbursement follow me here (it was in my contract in Montana).
        Yes, that shouldnt be an issue

4. Can I opt of out #3 and go with the G.I. Bill/Kicker?
        What do you mean opt out? you can get the GI Bill and loan repayment.

5. How do I get into OCS?
        If you plan to go to OCS, then the MOS questions dont even matter. But anyways, you'll need to let your unit know and then get together all that is needed for an OCS packet if you qualify.

6. Is Active First available for me (Actually, I justin completed AIT this past August).
        Nope, for new enlistments only

7. I want to, at some point, go full time BIG ARMY....since I'm in the middle of a transfer and don't really belong to anyone, is therea window for that?
        Nope, your still in your Guard contract. The only way is to be released by the Guard, but those dont happen to often. Doesnt mean you cant request it.

8. If I wanted to go to jump school, it is difficult to get in?
        The hard part is getting your unit to send you, probably not going to happen unless you go to a unit with those positions.

...(I'm already in New Jersey and have done two SUTAS with a unit)
        Has this unit said anything about you joining them? Is this where you think you'll stay? If so, the IST coordinator will just need to send them your "new" contract swearing in to NJNG and you should be able to swear in. It's a pretty simple process.

Comment

Call me I can do your IST and explain everything to you.

Comment

Working...
          X