Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military Police 31B (Active First option)

I was wondering if I could join the Active First option as an MP and get assigned to an Army National Guard Training Center like Camp Atterbury or Camp Shelby? I would like to do the Active First option so I could perforn MP law & order duties on an Army Guard base. Any info & help would be great. Thanks in advance.

Re: Military Police 31B (Active First option)

Camp Shelby's MPs are all Guradsmen on Title 10 orders not AD Soldiers. I don't think the active first option would get you into that system. Those positions are hired through an office at Shelby, and active first would put you at an AD post.

Comment

Originally posted by cyall View Post
      Camp Shelby's MPs are all Guradsmen on Title 10 orders not AD Soldiers. I don't think the active first option would get you into that system. Those positions are hired through an office at Shelby, and active first would put you at an AD post.

Do you know if other Army National Guard Training Centers are like that? Like Camp Atturbery ect... Could I go to any of the Guard bases as an Active first MP? Are could I go Active first to places like Fort Campbell ect.. to perforn road duties? Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by Huntman View Post
        Do you know if other Army National Guard Training Centers are like that? Like Camp Atturbery ect... Could I go to any of the Guard bases as an Active first MP? Are could I go Active first to places like Fort Campbell ect.. to perforn road duties? Thanks again
        My understanding of the Active First program is that you will be assigned an AD unit for a period of time. As such, you would do whatever your assigned unit was doing, and that won't be a NG post. If they are in their L&O cycle you would work the road at whatever post you get assigned. If they are up for deployment you would deploy. You could be assigned anywhere from Benning to Germany to Korea. I don't know what to tell you about getting on at a NG post. The only one I know anything about is Shelby, but I assume others work in a similar fashion. Getting one of those jobs is not a sure thing, and you can't get it in an enlistment contract. If you want to work a NG post don't go active.

Comment

My understanding of the Active First program is that you will be assigned an AD unit for a period of time. As such, you would do whatever your assigned unit was doing, and that won't be a NG post. If they are in their L&O cycle you would work the road at whatever post you get assigned. If they are up for deployment you would deploy. You could be assigned anywhere from Benning to Germany to Korea. I don't know what to tell you about getting on at a NG post. The only one I know anything about is Shelby, but I assume others work in a similar fashion. Getting one of those jobs is not a sure thing, and you can't get it in an enlistment contract. If you want to work a NG post don't go active.
          Thanks for the advice. How can I get an MP law & order job at an Army Guard Base? Should I call & talk to someone incharge at the PMO?

Comment

I would start there. Don't be surprised if the positions are hard to get.

Comment

I would start there. Don't be surprised if the positions are hard to get.
              Thanks for the help. If anyone on here is an MP at an Army Guard Base please chime in. Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X