X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active Duty DEP discharge to join Guard

Previously I was enlisted in the DEP for Active Duty. 4-5 weeks ago I signed the forms to get released. As of today, I have still not received any kind of notice in the mail or anything like that. I have contacted my original Active Duty recruiter to try and get something, but he has not been very much help. The reason I need this is because my Guard recruiter is needing something showing I have been released from DEP before he can take me to MEPS to swear in with the Guard. Any ideas what steps I should take?

Thanks

Re: Active Duty DEP discharge to join Guard

Enlist 56 mike HOOAH!!!!!!!!!

PRO DEO ET PATRIA

Comment

Originally posted by Duckman562 View Post
      Previously I was enlisted in the DEP for Active Duty. 4-5 weeks ago I signed the forms to get released. As of today, I have still not received any kind of notice in the mail or anything like that. I have contacted my original Active Duty recruiter to try and get something, but he has not been very much help. The reason I need this is because my Guard recruiter is needing something showing I have been released from DEP before he can take me to MEPS to swear in with the Guard. Any ideas what steps I should take?

Thanks
      Go above his head... DEP is not a binding contract to enlist. If the NG guy needs something like that, well, odd...

Comment

Does the DEP discharge paperwork come directly from MEPS?

Comment

Does the DEP discharge paperwork come directly from MEPS?
          There really isnt anything to discharge you from. DEP is non-binding. You could sign up, decide not to go and move to Alaska and there is nothing they can do about it....

Comment

I understand that, but I can't be sworn in with the Guard if I am still in DEP for Active Duty, correct?

Comment

I understand that, but I can't be sworn in with the Guard if I am still in DEP for Active Duty, correct?
              Don't see why not... its simply going to MEPS, switching branches and going from there. Army regs for med is all the same.

Comment

Got it squared away, thanks guys. Swearing in next week.

Comment

Working...
                X