X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IRR Question-Enlisting in another state

I was discharged from Colorado National Guard RE-1 honorable discharge, on my NGB 22 in box 11 it states Terminal Date of Reverve/ Military Service Obligation 12 03 17. I was looking at going back into the Guard but in Nebraska however, I am being told because I am in the IRR, I am not discharged from the Colorado National Guard and I cannot enlist in Nebraska. The only way is if I go back in here in Colorado and ask to transferr to Nebraska. Is this true? I thought if I was discharged IRR does not matter.

Re: IRR Question-Enlisting in another state

Originally posted by mcclark1974
    I was discharged from Colorado National Guard RE-1 honorable discharge, on my NGB 22 in box 11 it states Terminal Date of Reverve/ Military Service Obligation 12 03 17. I was looking at going back into the Guard but in Nebraska however, I am being told because I am in the IRR, I am not discharged from the Colorado National Guard and I cannot enlist in Nebraska. The only way is if I go back in here in Colorado and ask to transferr to Nebraska. Is this true? I thought if I was discharged IRR does not matter.
    Ask that recruiter to get his NCOIC involved. Either the recruiter doesn't know what he's talking about, or there's some other fact or condition not listed in your message -- not necessarily that you're concealing, but perhaps you don't know or understand.

The NGB22 is the discharge from the National Guard. The IRR is a federal status, has nothing to do with the State.

Comment

Re: IRR Question-Enlisting in another state

Originally posted by matthew.ritchie
      Ask that recruiter to get his NCOIC involved. Either the recruiter doesn't know what he's talking about, or there's some other fact or condition not listed in your message -- not necessarily that you're concealing, but perhaps you don't know or understand.

The NGB22 is the discharge from the National Guard. The IRR is a federal status, has nothing to do with the State.
      No, I am not cocealing anything, I did get in contact with a CPT who is an OCS recruiter and spoke with him, it was stated it did not matter like you stated, as it is a Federal not State issue, in fact I was told because I am wanting to become an officer that I can be fast tracked and enter OCS in November and be an officer by Jan. I was told no big deal it will be taken care of.

Comment

Working...
      X