X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surgery

I am still in RSP so I have not yet been to basic. I just had to have total joint replacement surgery on my big toe and the doc says I also have arthritis in my other foot so I will also have to have the same surgery done. I know have a titanium joint with screws. My doc also said I am absolutely unfit for duty that I can not sustain high impact activity or I will further damage myself. My recruiter says B.S. and we have 2 years we can delay my ship date and my doc is crazy. He wants to leave it to MEPS docs which is fine but am I going to get disqualified? Im not going to go to RSP just to find out I go to leave and I get sent home. Im not here to play games. I need some advice please.

Re: Surgery

TBH, it's your health. I'd get a second and third opinion from a doctor from a third party without an interest to whether serve or not. NOT SAYING THE RECRUITER OR MEPS DOESN'T HAVE YOUR BEST INTERESTS at heart, just saying getting a third party wouldn't have a conflict of interest.

Comment

After any surgery while waiting to go to basic you are required to send in all documents to MEPS for a med read, to include something from your doctor saying you are cleared for duty. Im sorry, but it appears you are going to be discharged since your doctor is saying you are not cleared. Your recruiter seems to be grasping at straws trying to save you, but MEPS is hard enough to get cleared through even when the doctors ARE approving you, let alone when your own doc says your a no go.

You need to get all documentation from this to your RSP ASAP, they need to be in the know on this.

Comment

Thanks for all the info. I will be going to RSP in a week and I will bring all paper work from my doctor. Im also waiting to hear back from MEPS via email. This is rough, but at the same time Im not looking to further hurt my self or put some other soldiers life at risk one day because of an injury I was fully aware of. Thanks again. HOOOOOA!
        Last edited by SFC_Wilson; August 7th, 2011, 01:49 PM.

Comment

When is your ship date? You need to call your RSP right away, even if you arent taking paperwork there till next week.

Comment

My ship date is in August but is obviously put on hold per my recruiter. All the proper NCO's at RSP know of my current condition. As of now I just am not allowed to PT but still have to go and sit on the sidelines the whole weekend.

Comment

Also, Is there a possibility of a medical waiver for this for a different MOS. I am currently 11B but would change to stay in if possible.

Comment

What happened to your toe? The big toe on my right foot has been hurting for a while and I'm not sure what's wrong.

Comment

Working...
                X