Clear All

Re: Current requirements to join in California

I was told that in CA it is 50 right now

Comment

Bump to top

Comment

Just to clear it up, NG is NOT taking people who have previously graduated high school that do not have at least 15 college credits. Correct?

Comment

Well, I was told today by my recruiter that the age requirement to join will be brought down to 35 effective April 1st (35 now). I should be signing next week so I should be good to go. Since I will be turning 36 in a couple months, will that affect going to BCT? I mean, even if I contract by April 1st and are still under the 42 age limit that is currently in place, will the army still require me to start or finish BCT by the time I turn 36 to reflect the new changes?

Comment

Originally posted by CW001338 View Post
            Well, I was told today by my recruiter that the age requirement to join will be brought down to 35 effective April 1st (35 now). I should be signing next week so I should be good to go. Since I will be turning 36 in a couple months, will that affect going to BCT? I mean, even if I contract by April 1st and are still under the 42 age limit that is currently in place, will the army still require me to start or finish BCT by the time I turn 36 to reflect the new changes?
            I heard the same thing about the age dropping back down to 35 on April 1st (to enlist active duty Army); the exception being if you are enlisting for a specific language e.g Dari, Farsi you still have up to 42.

To answer that question, you will be grandfathered into the original clause. BCT report dates have nothing to do with new enlistment guidelines. You are contracted; then you are good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
              I heard the same thing about the age dropping back down to 35 on April 1st (to enlist active duty Army); the exception being if you are enlisting for a specific language e.g Dari, Farsi you still have up to 42.

To answer that question, you will be grandfathered into the original clause. BCT report dates have nothing to do with new enlistment guidelines. You are contracted; then you are good to go.
              Thanks for the reply FM

Comment

Is California pretty much backed up now (Nor Cal)? What MOS are in demand, and what are hard to get in Cali?

Comment

hookt un fonix! cute cat! lol!

Comment

Working...
                  X