X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Path of Honor

Has anyone used the path of honor to fill out the background paperwork? I was told that my recruiter can bypass the test they require you to take before you can fill out the paperwork, is this true?

Re: Path of Honor

I used it and I think it's better then hand writting everything out. The test is a piece of cake. It's only like 10 or so questions.

The only problem is that some of the info doesn't transfer from that system into the recruiters so i had to tell them some of the info again.

Comment

test is easy, just takes a few minutes and isn't really worth the hassal of bypassing. I filled some of it out.

Comment

Yea just took the test, and finished all the paperwork plan on going in to the recruiter tomorrow

Comment

I used PTH when I filled out my application. The problem is it requires you to have EVER field filled in with exactly what they want in it (including middle name which you may not know). Also, when my recruiter downloaded the information, a ton of it became messed up with fields left blank and numbers transposed. The 1st SGT at MEPS was NOT happy with that because him and I has to spend 45 minutes fixing it and I looked like an idiot for information I know I got right.

I guess the best thing good about it was I could log on and work on it a little each day, and at work when I had some downtime at my job without having to worry about carrying around paperwork with my SSN and identifiable information on it.

Comment

same here i kind of hate that system now i have to correct info during my security interview because subsequently you cant live in two places at once even in college go figure!

Comment

Yes, the test can be waived by the recruiter. I never took it. However I was coming in as a prior service sergeant from the Marines, and I just outright told my recruiter I wasn't taking some stupid test. On a related subject, Path To Honor is the devil and was more painful than the SF-86 I had to do for my first enlistment. I literally do not know enough people to satisfy the requirement for all the references it asks for.

Comment

Working...
              X