Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

prior service air guard trying to get back into Army guard..

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prior service air guard trying to get back into Army guard..

Hey Guys,

Well after thinking a while Im going to have to disclose that I have been on anti depressants over a year ago. Very much a pain as everything is good now. been off of them a while. And a "trial" run of ADD meds. stopped those even longer ago. Now from someone who knows what will I have to do with this as far as being accepted. It was a regular home physician that prescribed be the meds. never went to a psych doctor. Im sure he doesnt have "notes" on why I was on them. Could he just write me a letter stating i am fit for service and the circumstances of the prescriptions?

And as far as qualifications on getting back in I have an associates in Nursing.(never took add meds) Am working as a nurse in a major east coast hospital for 7 years. No disciniplary actions or anything like that. Was also in the air guard up to about 4 years ago. No probs there and an honorable discharge.

What can I expect with this here ^^^^

oh and I did not want to join as a nurse but as a 11B infantryman. Just trying to have some fun and do something completely different from the hospital.

Thanks for your help,
    Erik
    and dont mind my nonsense. Im just writing tired after a 12 hour night.

Re: prior service air guard trying to get back into Army guard..

Get a note from your doctor and that should be enough, After my nose surgery I had to have a full consent from the doctor talking about what meds i took, what happened to my nose, how he fixed in and that im in full health. A brief letter should do and make sure he signs the bottom of it, Congratz on considering the 11B

Comment

But if I do go through all that are the guard still not accepting waivers? I just find this frustrating. I was on them before I got out of the guard before and no one ever said a thing about it. Now getting back in could be a hassle.

Comment

Originally posted by erikelvis
        But if I do go through all that are the guard still not accepting waivers? I just find this frustrating. I was on them before I got out of the guard before and no one ever said a thing about it. Now getting back in could be a hassle.
        They took my waiver

Comment

mine as well

Comment

Originally posted by erikelvis
            There are many here that had to get various waivers to get in/back in. If you want it, work for it and cross your fingers. Simple as that.

Comment

Any of you guys have a anti depressant waiver? I have to say Im pretty aggravated with this right now.

Comment

Working...
              X