X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One year contract

I swore in in November 2009 and they said since my ship date was so far out for my MOS they are putting me on a one year contract. My recruiter said they put me on a try one. Well now im with in 3 months of my original ship date and they are sending me back to meps to contract again later this week. Last week i talked to my recruiter and I wanted to switch to the active first option but he said meps wont switch me because of the contract they have me on. My question is can i just serve out this one year contract then go active or re-up as an active first option. As of now i have not been enrolled in RSP or anything all i have done is sign a 1 year contract and i am non-prior service.

Re: One year contract

Your not on a "try one", your actually in the "recruit force pool". Basically the guard version of the delayed entry program. You still will have to go to MEPS and do another contract. You wont be able to do just your one year and then get out. You wont be sent to basic/AIT without doing a new contract.

Comment

Re: One year contract

Thanks for clearing that up. My recruiter literally said oh ok they just put you on a try one until 3 months prior to your ship date then i contract again and can do rsp. Now when i sign my next contract can I sign up for active first or will i have to pick a 3, 6, or 8 year regular guard contract. My recruiter told me he doesnt see why not but when he talked to the people at MEPS they said i cant switch because they already have me in something. Only thing i have contracted for was that 1 year that put me in RFP. I have a 35F mos in mind passed my security clearance but didnt sign anything for that or anything saying how long my ARNG commitment will be. Just trying to sort out between what 3 people are telling me.

Comment

Working...
      X