Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ELS Waiver Approved!

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you folks know that I received a call from my recruiter today - and my waiver for ELS was approved! (USCG, discharged July 2008, RE-3L, JGA). This was sent in about 2 weeks ago, and was a State-level waiver, for Colorado.

Now we're just waiting on clearance for medical documentation - I'm fortunate to have a VERY good recruiter, who managed to obtain a copy of my entire enlistment packet from the USCG (the copy I had was lost by another recruiter I was previously working with), and so we were able to easily enclose all required information. My ASVAB score (98) is still current, so thankfully I don't have to take that again!

For those interested, in order to obtain an RE-3 waiver for ELS, at State Level, I had to obtain some letters of reference from "professionals", in my case I got them from a Chief of Police, 2 former Army Sergeants, and a former Air Force Captain.

In the meantime, we're continuing to discuss MOS and contract options.

Thanks to all for your support and encouragement - and best of luck to those waiting on waivers!

Re: ELS Waiver Approved!

Hey congradualtions man!

Comment

Originally posted by USAForever
      Hi all,

Just wanted to let you folks know that I received a call from my recruiter today - and my waiver for ELS was approved! (USCG, discharged July 2008, RE-3L, JGA). This was sent in about 2 weeks ago, and was a State-level waiver, for Colorado.

Now we're just waiting on clearance for medical documentation - I'm fortunate to have a VERY good recruiter, who managed to obtain a copy of my entire enlistment packet from the USCG (the copy I had was lost by another recruiter I was previously working with), and so we were able to easily enclose all required information. My ASVAB score (98) is still current, so thankfully I don't have to take that again!

For those interested, in order to obtain an RE-3 waiver for ELS, at State Level, I had to obtain some letters of reference from "professionals", in my case I got them from a Chief of Police, 2 former Army Sergeants, and a former Air Force Captain.

In the meantime, we're continuing to discuss MOS and contract options.

Thanks to all for your support and encouragement - and best of luck to those waiting on waivers!
      By the way nice Asvab score

Comment

I gotta tell you dude that you getting this wavier being granted is like Jesus Christ being elected Emperor of Rome I mean there's no other way to put it.
        Last edited by hrotccadet; February 1st, 2010, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hrotccadet
          I gotta tell you dude that you getting this wavier is like Jesus Christ being elected Emperor of Rome I mean there's no other way to put it.
          LMAO quote of the year right there!! I just hope that this helps out anyone else in a similar situation, and I'm more than happy to give advice, info etc to anyone who needs it.

Comment

I'm surprised that no one has any questions about how you got it or process.

Comment

Lol i think its because most people have an RE-4

Comment

Originally posted by 13FHopeful
                Lol i think its because most people have an RE-4
                So true I mean an RE-4 is not the kiss of death but it is a major pain in the a s s.

Comment

Hey, I'm trying to get an els waiver. What makes it look good to get it approved?

Comment

Working...
                  X