Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Story w/Question

Hi you guys,

Ive been a lurker for quite sometime now and finally decided to join. Well here it goes:

The day before thanksgiving I had went to MEPS everything was in order all I had to do was take my full physical and everything would be done. Now mind you im passing with flying colors: 71 asvab,good hearing,good bp, good vision, good everything. Now here comes the messed up part. As we were sitting in the classroom filling out paperwork one of the civilian people who tells us what to fill out began saying the Don't Lie routine about 10x after every section we were filling out.

So fast forward to the room with the doctor as we are sitting down and he's asking me questions he says : Have you ever done any drugs before? And for some dumb*** reason im like "Oh Yeah I Have Alot Of Times Too" So the doc looks at me like wtf? So to make a long story short he 3Ps me and tells me that he will recommend a waiver but since I smoked many times and quit so recently he didnt want to pass me and then i wind up failing the DAT and put his job in jeopardy. So im like oh well I guess I will just wait on the waiver.

Ok fast forward to now. I found a great NG recruiter that is willing to work with me. We did everything got the references, wrote the letter, and submitted waiver. So i go to the hotel and im so nervous that i stay awake until 3:00. So i get up get ready head to meps. All i need to get is a med inspect and im good to go. When the doc checks my folder he sees that I need the waiver but its not in there. So i go to the liason and he tells me we are waiting for my waiver. So about 4 hrs pass and my recruiter calls me highly pissed. He says my state level moral waiver went through but when the liason turned it in the MEPS doc says i need a medical waiver not a moral waiver. So everything jumps off my recruiters boss calls me and tells me that he was fighting for me all morning and this is just another battle that we will overcome. So my recruiter comes to pick me up and he can tell my morale is down so he explains to me what we have to do, the timeframe, and etc. So then he takes me out to eat which boosts me up a little to see that he didnt just drop me off and leave...lol.

So he called me today and told me that my waiver was submitted on sat. and has come back today. The NGB are requesting a consult. He said this is due to the fact that they need to see what type of person I am before they approve it. I have a clean crimin history, good asvab score, currently healthy, still in school. He said all those things are working in my favor as well as the fact that I was recommended by the dr. So now im just waiting for my consult date which he says will be either next week or week after next.

Now my question is. I trust my recruiter but i just want to know by having a consult does it sort of guarantee an approval provided everything goes good?

Trust me i know i messed up but i have fully turned over a new leaf. Im just looking to get another opinion or knowledge about this current situation along with a little ranting. Thnx in advance

P.S. My DAT came back negative like i knew it would

Re: Long Story w/Question

Nothing is a guarantee. However, it's obvious they want to make sure they're going to make a good decision about you. So treat this like a job interview. Don't kiss ***, but do be tactful (call them "sir" or "ma'am"), be honest, and show them the motivation they're probably going to be looking for in you to prove to them that you really are a different person, learned from your mistakes, and why you're going to be a valuable asset to the Guard.

Good luck.

Comment

Re: Long Story w/Question

Originally posted by Mom's Mistake
      Nothing is a guarantee. However, it's obvious they want to make sure they're going to make a good decision about you. So treat this like a job interview. Don't kiss ***, but do be tactful (call them "sir" or "ma'am"), be honest, and show them the motivation they're probably going to be looking for in you to prove to them that you really are a different person, learned from your mistakes, and why you're going to be a valuable asset to the Guard.

Good luck.
      Thank you. Youve given me a completely different view of the situation that should be completely helpful. I dont know why I had the impression I was going to go in there and have a session like something from HBO lol

Comment

Working...
      X