X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiver Tracking

Does anyone know if there is any method for tracking medical waivers. I have been waiting for about 5 months. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Waiver Tracking

Your Recruiter can see the tracking, assuming he submitted it...

Comment

Originally posted by blazerM1009
      Does anyone know if there is any method for tracking medical waivers. I have been waiting for about 5 months. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      Yes, it's called GEMR. Your recruiter probably doesn't have direct access, but he can contact the MEPS GC, who does have access. If it's not in GEMR, then he never submitted the waiver. Most waivers have responses back in 14 days. After 30 days, it's automatically canceled. Ask your recruiter for the GEMR printout showing when the waiver went to Bureau. If he can't or won't produce it, then gently but firmly ask to speak with his NCOIC (supervisor).

I don't know your case at all, but let's just say for argument's sake that you're a medical disaster case, and it's too much work, and he's too busy, and he can't be bothered with you. When I was a recruiter I had a few cases that were just shy of hopeless. I always told the applicants directly and quickly that I simply would not work their case. There are only so many hours in the day, and I couldn't justify spending hours on a waiver that might not pass when I could take the same time to put in two people who need no waiver.

Even if you are a train wreck, you deserve a straight answer.

Comment

Thank you all so much for your help. I have just been told that my waiver has been resubmitted and should be back in a few weeks. I now know that after 3-4 weeks I can request proof of status. A bit of info about myself. I am prior service 7 years active Army 2 years NG. Honorable discharge 1993 SGT E5. Very eager to reenter NG to complete 20 or more. As soon as possible after enlistment I will pursue becoming a warrant officer. (44 years 4 months young)

Comment

Originally posted by matthew.ritchie
          Yes, it's called GEMR. Your recruiter probably doesn't have direct access, but he can contact the MEPS GC, who does have access. If it's not in GEMR, then he never submitted the waiver. Most waivers have responses back in 14 days. After 30 days, it's automatically canceled.
          Please excuse me, I am new at this.

Do you mean that a request for waiver must be submitted every 30 days or it is automatically cancelled?

Comment

What he is saying is once your recruiter puts a wvier in for the doctors to look over it has 30 days. After that it is removed from the system and must be re-sumbmited. My waiver came back in 6 days it just depends on how busy it is.

Comment

Thank you.

Do you know if there are time limits for other types of waivers?

I know the question is very broad. Again, I am new at this and wouldn't be able to hold a reasonable conversation of all the different waivers and abbreviations with anyone.

I do appreciate everyone for helping me learn about this.

Comment

Working...
              X