X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IRR question about enlisting...

Can a person currently on IRR from active duty Army (or Marine Corps) join the National Guard?

Re: IRR question about enlisting...

Yes. Speak to a NG recruiter and they can get you started.

Comment

Enlisting from the IRR is one of the easier enlistment processes -- presuming that your records are straight, and you have no regulatory issues.

Please note that if you have already received a mobilization letter from the IRR office, then you are welcome to join the Guard after you return from mobilization.

Comment

You have to do all the paperwork as if you were enlisting for first time again. And even though you have to do the MEPS process, they should put you in front of everyone else so they can get you out faster..as it's less work for them as well.

Comment

Most recruiters use the IRR list to get people to join.

Comment

Originally posted by leeyo32
            Most recruiters use the IRR list to get people to join.
            That's how they got me...

I am still unclear about this.
            How do I go back to the IRR if I want? My career counselor claimed all I do is notify the unit..sounds fishy to me.

Comment

Did they send a cleverly written letter about how IRRs were being deployed by the minute and your only way out was to contact them?

I really wish I saved this one a Reserve Recruiter sent me a few years ago. It was a goody.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord
                Did they send a cleverly written letter about how IRRs were being deployed by the minute and your only way out was to contact them?

I really wish I saved this one a Reserve Recruiter sent me a few years ago. It was a goody.
                Oh I got one of those too when I was IRR. Came from the Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps urgently requesting that I reconsider enlisting the Marines and how my country needs me now more than ever (funny, I never got recalled after 9/11 like a few of my buddies did).

Comment

Working...
                X