X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need psych waiver

can anyone help need psych waiver, but have to get evaluation first, how can i get one?

Re: Need psych waiver

Have you talked to a recruiter? What kind of psych issue do you need and what type of discharge, Reenlistment and sep code do you have? Those are hard to come by and you need to do a lot of work on your own, biggest thing is finding a recruiter willing to do the work for it and of course it depends on the type of psyche issue you need to clear up. Get A psyche evaluation from a civilian, maybe more than one with a written statement from them. Make sure it is thorough. It's a good idea to have your own written statement as well explaining your situation. Be consistent but be prepared to wait because I don't know what the situation is on Psyche waivers for some areas.

Just being realistic, the guard is full of people and the chances for a psyche waiver are slim right now.

Comment

yes i talked to a recruiter. i need a personality test. re-4 jda army says it's a 3 medical discharge/ administrative discharge

Comment

your recruiter will have to set a appointment at the nearest AD post, to get that test.

Comment

would i be able to get reevaluated at the va hospital?

Comment

I was told I had to pay for mine on my own dime at a Psychologist (when attempting to go back Active Duty and when trying to go Guard)

MEPS would not do it and local recruiter tried everything he could to get them to do it.

This may be the case for you aswell. Good luck.

Comment

What I've discovered is that it's entirely different state to state and sometimes meps to meps. I dont need a psych waiver, but a lot of people have been on here needings waivers for this and that. It's mostly the same doctrinally, but the process is different.

One meps or state will say go get it yourself, others say they'll do it.

You'll probably have to ask the recruiter to find out from meps. They may send you to be eval'ed somewhere, or tell you to do it yourself.

Comment

no health insurance, my friend just got out of army and said he has to be evaluated to re-enlist, he said he would go to va to get evaluated, i was wondering if i could get one as well. meps told my recruiter's co that i have to pay for my own since i already had a "freebie" from meps

Comment

Originally posted by kataran25
                  no health insurance, my friend just got out of army and said he has to be evaluated to re-enlist, he said he would go to va to get evaluated, i was wondering if i could get one as well. meps told my recruiter's co that i have to pay for my own since i already had a "freebie" from meps
                  Call a local VA hospital, worst they can say is no right? .

Comment

i went today they said i would have to file for disablity to get va benifits then get the eval should know something in 30 days or less

Comment

Sounds like good to me.

Comment

Two cows standing in a barn, one says to the other "So, what do you think about this Mad Cow Disease?"

The second one says "Not much, since I'm a tractor."

Comment

Okay, that contributed absolutely nothing to the thread. It just popped in my head on the subject of psych waivers.

Happy New Year, everyone.

Comment

HAHA, nah it was okay. Worth repeating.

Comment

if i get va benefits do i have to get a discharge upgrade to get a eval?

Comment

Working...
                              X