X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FY-10 recruiting guidance

Drug and Alcohol Test. I dont know about the level 400, I think it is felonies and other offenses like domestic violence, gun crimes, etc.
    Last edited by cfrmtex; October 20th, 2009, 01:40 PM.

Comment

so currently no dat waivers yet I take it?

Comment

what about the age does it go back to 17 to 42 or stay at 17 35

Comment

so does anyone know anything about dat waivers? I had a .17ng in March 2007.

Comment

I just talked to my recruiter today and said they are not taking ANY RE4s right now because they are overmanned. He said he would call when this is lifted.

Comment

i just talked to my recruiter yesterday, he advises the same , no waivers for re4s at this time. However he said he was going to put in for an ETP (exception to policy) request for my 4b due to the fact that I have had my discharge upgraded and what not. Do any recruiters on here know if this is possible for my situation. /OTH upgraded to General; RE4B; HKK1; Misconduct; 1994; USMC/

Comment

Keep us posted, I'm getting push back on RE4s all over...Texas included.

Comment

Please keep us updated!

Comment

So does anyone know anything at all about the status of DAT Waivers? I had a .17 in march 2007 and pissed clean 45 days later(for the marines) but the army ng and a.d. say there's no waivers right now.

Comment

Any word on if RE-3 Waivers from other branches might be authorised?

My situation, RE-3L from USCG, JGA. Entry Level Separation, believe it falls under "Failure to Adapt". Zero meds, no medical issues, no criminal charges/convictions (not even speeding/parking tickets), good credit, BS Degree in Engineering.

Have done a lot to improve myself since the ELS (which was about a year and a half ago) - can get good references from an Air Force Captain, Army Staff Sergeant, and Chief of Police, amongst other folk who know what I have done to change myself since then.

I spoke to an NG Recruiter back in January, he said that he sent my paperwork off to the NGB, but hasn't heard anything since then. I moved to a different part of the state (Colorado), so I gave him a call and he said to get in touch with a recruiter here so they could try and move on my paperwork - will be doing that this week or next (have been doing so much overtime at work since I moved that it's been tough to have time for anything else!!). If I get any news on a go/no go for an RE-3L for Colorado I'll post it here.

Comment

Oh and just to add, I was also speaking with an Army AD/Reserves Recruiter since January, but unfortunately he wasn't the most organised guy and actually lost my file 3 times! He then moved shortly before I did, so I figure I'll just chat to another recruiter in my new area to see what they say (For those interested, I moved from Western Colorado to Denver, so have a lot more recruiters to chat to now!)

Comment

Any news on RE-4 reentry? It has been awhile since someone posted in this thread and I'm very interested in keeping as up to date as possible on this issue.

Comment

No updates that I can see on RE-4s.

As far as I'm concerned, I ended up going back with NJ. I did some calling around, and ended up pulling a blue falcon on my recruiter. The state OSM called my recruiters supervisor and told him to have the signature page of my waiver on his desk within the hour.

It was done and signed. I took the asvab and ended up with an AFQT of 95 and GT 134, which far exceeded what i thought I would get, and over time I've worked myself up to being able to pass a PT test.

I spent one night after christmas at my recruiters office until 10 pm filling out paperwork and processing everything from life insurance to direct deposit.

My waiver hit the TAG level TODAY at 12:30 am. My recruiter said that as long as the packet isn't jacked up, it's generally approved if a Unit commander or OSM signed off on it, and I'm tentatively projected for MEPS to physical and swear in as 09S on 11 January.

I'm not holding my breath because I've been told dates and promises by several recruiters in about 4 different states, but this one looks promising and the CPT at the OSM office is properly motivating the right people.

I sent him the good, bad and ugly of all my records past and present, and by the time he read through it, he told me he just wanted the signature page and he'd sign off on it the second he got it, and I was good to go for OCS.

He told me the most likely branches I'll end up in are:

1) Infantry
                            2) Quartermaster
                            3) Field Artillery

That's fine because I kinda wanted infantry, so I can get serious. It will be a 100% complete turn around to be in Infantry and entirely new experience, which is scary and exciting at the same time.

When I told him I was interested in IN, he told me that if that's what I wanted, he would guarantee it in writing right then and there.

I'm now getting calls from LT's I've never heard of who have my information. They're calling to psych me up and prep me for OCS, telling me what to expect, things to look out for, how to succeed, etc.

It's getting exciting.

Comment

I will call my recruiter thursday and see if there is any changes.

Comment

that's exciting to hear showstopper!

Comment

Working...
                                X