Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FY-10 recruiting guidance

Hot off the press:

2. All applicants must be in accordance with Enlistment Criteria FY 07, with Revised Table 24,
    effective 1 October
    3. REQUEST has been set to allow no more than 40% Category IIIB. Limited CAT IV control numbers will be issued
    not to exceed 2% nationally.
    4. Tier I is 90%, Tier II no more than 10% (AHSCH, GEDX, GEDH, OCT and OCR).
    5. Moral Conduct waivers for Level 400 offenses (major offence or felony) are not authorized. DAT positive waivers
    are not authorized. No medical waivers for physiological, behavior, or mind altering treatments are authorized.
    6. Recruit Force Pool (RFP) is an ARNG G1 policy and remains applicable to all applicants who cannot secure training
    seats within 120 days of their Initial Entry Training (IET). All exceptions to policy will be submitted to the ARNG G1.
    The part about waivers seems to be almost exactly the same as previous recruiting levers memo. I'm not sure if they left out some restrictions on purpose, meaning they do not apply (ie not being DMOSQ in some states) or not.

looks like we're slowly going to see restrictions ease over the year.

Re: FY-10 recruiting guidance

Does this mean that medical waivers for stuff like hearing will be processed for all states now?

Comment

ok i have a re-4 personality disorder seperation code JFX. what do the changes reflect on getting a waiver for this? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by highlander07
        ok i have a re-4 personality disorder seperation code JFX. what do the changes reflect on getting a waiver for this? thanks
        I'd imagine this applies to you...

No medical waivers for physiological, behavior, or mind altering treatments are authorized.

Comment

So are any re4 waivers allowed? What are level 400 offenses?
          Last edited by cfrmtex; October 17th, 2009, 04:39 PM.

Comment

So what RE-4 waivers, if any, are being accepted? I have a fraudulent enlistment RE-4, yes my navy recruiter effed my stuff up, any hope here?

Comment

I have an RE-4 Entry Level Seperation, erroneous entry other, JFC. It says unknown personality disorder but I don't think JFC is the code that goes with that.

Comment

Originally posted by show_stopper999
                Hot off the press:

The part about waivers seems to be almost exactly the same as previous recruiting levers memo. I'm not sure if they left out some restrictions on purpose, meaning they do not apply (ie not being DMOSQ in some states) or not.

looks like we're slowly going to see restrictions ease over the year.
                Looking through arng fy-07 enlist criteria, it looks like re4s are waiverable; Of course depending on spd,narrative reason, branch where recieved etc.
                I am going to try and contact the recruiter today.

Comment

There is an SMOM message put out that all RE-4 waivers are suspended until further notice.

EDIT:
                  1. Effective 13 March 2009, all Prior Service RE 4 discharges are ineligible for enlistment into the Army
                  National Guard. In addition to not allowing all Army RE 4 discharges, this SMOM now suspends
                  eligibility for all U.S Navy, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Marine Corps and the U.S. Coast Guard RE 4
                  discharges regardless of the Separation Program Designator (SPD) code which were allowed in the
                  FY07 ECM, 1 Oct 2006, paragraph 226.
                  2. Requests for waivers will not be processed.

Comment

There is an SMOM message put out that all RE-4 waivers are suspended until further notice.

EDIT:
                    Reading that with the guidelines published for this year, this SMOM would no longer be in force. As other than those stated in the Guidelines, all other rules are to follow FY-07 guidelines.
                    Also, as to RE-4 with JFX, I believe the guidelines read that those non-prior recruits who have received mental health treatment prior to applying are no longer eligible for waivers, I do not believe this applies to prior service recruits
                    Last edited by TXBill; October 19th, 2009, 11:35 AM.

Comment

With the first part about the RE-4, I hope your interpretation of it is correct. As with the other part with mental health waivers, I'm unsure. I dont see anywhere where it distinguishes between prior and non-prior for waivers.

Comment

Also, if Try-One comes back, I'm enlisting in that first for student loan repayments.

since I have to be DMOSQ for SLRP, I plan on doing try-one to get DMOSQ, then come re-enlistment time I will re-enlist for SLRP.

Otherwise I'm going to keep pursuing the 09S route so I can use my paycheck as a payment.

Comment

EDIT:
                          I agree with txbill, I think this is not in affect for fy10; going by fy07 guildlines some re4s should be waiverable at this time. I spoke to my recruiter and of course he did not know yet but he will be talking to his CO. They are supposed to be going to some conference and afterwards he will present my request to him. I guess we will see what plays out over the next few weeks.
                          Last edited by cfrmtex; October 19th, 2009, 12:16 PM.

Comment

My recruiter put my re-4, jfx here in Texas about a month ago, he is still following up with no word yet. The reason I am leaning towards that waiver about treatments is that there is a specific waiver required for non-prior service with a history of such treatments. I had no treatment, in service or after for mine...I was faking..like an idiot and it was 21 yrs ago too..

Comment

Can any of you clarify what a level 400 offense is? Also, what is DAT?

I need a waiver for a possession of paraphernalia charge that is 9 years old. When I spoke to a recruiter a few months ago I was told anything involving drugs was not waiverable at that time and I am wondering if that has changed with these new directives.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X