Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st RSP drill

Hi,

I am about to sign the biggest contract of my life this Thurs with the Army National Guard. Going down to MEPS to finalize my final processing. I am so excited to serve the country!!

I have a question. Does 1st RSP drill counts as active duty training? I want to apply for my citizenship and was wondering if I can apply after my 1st RSP drill. I read on the forum that some saying yes and some saying no.

Thanks in advance.

Re: 1st RSP drill

Drilling is not active duty. But it is training.

Active duty is always laid out in a set of orders, the army term given for documentation that lays it all out.

Comment

Hi Chef,
      You are partially correct. A few years ago, after one drill soldiers used to apply for Citizenship and take oath before they deploy for BCT. Now they stop doing that and they will walk you through once you go to your BCT training. I took my oath a day before I graduated from my BCT. They want you to graduate from BCT before they issue you the naturalization certificate.

Comment

Originally posted by Finance Soldier View Post
        You are partially correct. A few years ago, after one drill soldiers used to apply for Citizenship and take oath before they deploy for BCT. Now they stop doing that and they will walk you through once you go to your BCT training. I took my oath a day before I graduated from my BCT. They want you to graduate from BCT before they issue you the naturalization certificate.

Hey Finance,

Thank you so much for clarifying this. I asked around but didn't get much.

How and when did you apply for the citizenship? My recruiter told me I will not have time to apply during my BCT because they pretty much keep you busy all the time. That is why I wanted to clear this before I go to BCT.

Thanks!

Comment

Done with my first drill weekend. It was pretty much what I expected. Saturday we went over typical stuff like sexual harassment, Guard history, etc. We also practiced marching, warm-up exercises etc. Sunday we got smoked because it was too cold to train outside. Also more routine paperwork. The coming snow storm caused us to have to leave the armory at 1pm today.

Going to change my MOS from 11 Bravo to 18 series SF after BCT. Hopefully they'll have some open airborne slots while I'm at Fort Benning.

Comment

Working...
          X