X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First RSP Experience

I just got back from my first RSP Drill. It was not the most exciting thing. We sat around a lot, waiting. It was king of frustrating at times, and seems like we waisted a lot of time. But I did learn a lot, and was introduced to some basic military customs. I think as long as we get do more more actual training next drill, in smaller groups, then I will enjoy it more. We did a 1-1-1 PT Saturday, which I performed well on(63 push-ups, 6:38 mile) and more PT early Sunday morning. I did not like the mixing of Basic and MOS'Q soldiers with us Red Phasers, because it made us look even more dumb. However I found it odd that me and a few other fellow Red Phasers did better during PT sessions than the other 20 or so MOS'Q soldiers with us. I didn't really like the whole newbie feeling, and just want to hurry and and get through training. I also noticed that there were quite a few MOS'Q soldiers still in RSP. I'm hoping I don't have to go back to RSP more than once after AIT, do soldiers usually go more than once to RSP after completion of AIT? Because I just want to get to my unit ASAP.

Re: First RSP Experience

The first rsp was the hardest for me too. I felt like I was going into it blind. But after the first few minutes I learned just to fall in and do what everyone else was doing as well as I could. I thought it was pretty informative overall. It was hard to stay awake in a lot of the briefings but it wasnt too bad.

Comment

Yeah I agree. I was pretty tired. I just hope we actually get to learn more stuff next time. Maybe Buddy Aid, Map Reading, or Land Navigation. I also don't like being one of the newbies who hasn't gone to Basic, it's just annoying. I still don't understand why there were so many MOS'Q soldiers there, because I thought after AIT, you only go to one RSP before going to your unit. But it seemed as though a lot of them had been to several so far, and were still waiting to be handed to their units. I'm also glad I'm not doing Split Option, I would absolutely hate it if I had to spend a year doing RSP drills.

Comment

Originally posted by ABurris92 View Post
        I still don't understand why there were so many MOS'Q soldiers there, because I thought after AIT, you only go to one RSP before going to your unit. But it seemed as though a lot of them had been to several so far, and were still waiting to be handed to their units.
        Apparently some states only do the battle hand offs once a quarter, so if someone returns from AIT and its not the month of the battle hand offs, they could potentially have to be there 3 months.

I personally think this is not beneficial to the soldier or the gaining unit to have to wait a couple months to get a soldier that is already MOSQ.

Comment

Oh wow, I agree that is a questionable method. I will get back from AIT in November, so I'm not sure how long I'll be stuck in RSP after that. Hopefully not long, because after going through Basic and AIT, I'm sure RSP will seem more dull, and won't really be useful. I'd rather get to my unit and start working in my MOS than stay in RSP for no reason.

Comment

Working...
          X