X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First Drill at RSP

Wow..... Very similar to the style of training that I have had in the past. Land Navigation and PT was the majority of the weekend, Did my mile run in 7:43, Not bad for being 40yrs old and not preparing for it. The looks on some of the "youngsters" faces when they realized that a 40yr smoker is in better shape than they are. As it was said to the younger group a few times by one of the Sgt's "You just got whooped by an old man...." Cant wait until my next drill weekend, I have started a running routine and workout program to try and get my mile under 6:30.

Re: My First Drill at RSP

Nice job CJack!

Comment

That's what we like to hear!

The "youngins" today just don't understand that you should be physically fit!

Comment

Glad to hear that you had a great time. There was one guy in my platoon at RSP who is 41 (turns 42 a couple of months after he ships out!). He ran his mile in 8:00 and dropped 40 pounds over the summer so he could enlist! Anytime I started feeling that something is difficult, I just think of the self-discipline and motivation he must have, and it helps. Congrats on the run time - that's excellent, especially for your age group!

Comment

I've seen some crazy stuff.

I've seen overwieght females do 90 situps before.

Fat, old males, smokin everybody on the run.

Nothing suprises me anymore.

Comment

Working...
          X