X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirty boots at RSP?

What is the penalty, persay, for dirty combat boots at RSP drill? I ordered a new pair, but they won't be in in time for drill due to backorder. FML

Re: Dirty boots at RSP?

Your boots can't be cleaned?

Comment

I was told not to. Someone told me that it would only discolor the suede and that it would look worse?

Comment

Dirty combat boots? No way. Who the **** would punish for dirty boots? Unless they have huge ketchup stains on it.

Comment

The boots have a way of almost cleaning themselves if you put them through a lot of use. I'm still wearing the ones I used in BCT and AIT and they only have a few smudges on them.

I guess it depends on how strict your RSP cadre are. If you get yelled at for having dirty boots, just enjoy the smoking...it will help you later on

Comment

Originally posted by kristofer.a.cummings View Post
            I was told not to. Someone told me that it would only discolor the suede and that it would look worse?
            Yes please do clean the boots.
            Dirty boots = bad.
            Clean discolored boots = better than dirty.
            Most likely, cleaning your boots will do no harm.

http://www.armystudyguide.com/conten...ructions.shtml
            8. Your Combat Boots are designed to be easy to care for. The nylon quarter side panels of your boots are as strong as leather and will last if cared for properly. To clean your Combat Boots, brush with stiff nylon bristle brush to clean and then use warm water. Do not use soap to clean your boots. If additional, more stringent cleaning is necessary, only water-soluble cleaning products should be used as oil- or alcohol-based cleaning products may damage your boots.

Comment

I still sometimes wear my OSUT boots. They smell a bit like ranch doritos (don't ask how, but it's strange), but they're clean enough. Just get them drenched and wipe all the junk off of them. They'll be good to go.

Comment

You're allowed to have dirty boots. They just can't be excessively dirty. They are combat boots... They are supposed to get dirty. It's not the black boot age where you had to shine them... Though I do miss my spit shined Airborne boots. So much nicer

Comment

Originally posted by Squash View Post
                  Yes please do clean the boots.
                  Dirty boots = bad.
                  I think this just won office POG Post of the week!

Comment

They also make combat boot cleaner kits. You can clean them. Sand will clean them though. Rub some DRY sand on them and you would be surprised what it can get out even. Otherwise the post above with helpful hints is great or if you want to get real hooah you can get the boot cleaning kit also.

Comment

Just saying Disenfect em like once everytwo weeks, more if you sweat in them lots, outsides dont matter much, at least it shouldn't mine have dried blood, paint, dirt, anything and everything there boots they are ment to be dirty....

Comment

I'll have to give a few of those ideas a shot. Sand? Really? haha but thanks for the help fellas

Comment

Originally posted by tyler1124 View Post
                          Just saying Disenfect em like once everytwo weeks, more if you sweat in them lots, outsides dont matter much, at least it shouldn't mine have dried blood, paint, dirt, anything and everything there boots they are ment to be dirty....
                          Umm, I wouldn't say paint or blood are some of my allowed dirtiness... That's a bit much... But mud and grime and such is allowed, you're working in the woods, it happens

Comment

Spray them down with a hose or run them under the sink or shower head or whatever, scrub them with a stiff bristle brush, rinse them off, then let them dry. That's it, not rocket science. They are pretty self-cleaning, though. Daily wear does make all the dirt and grime sorta blend together so the boots look will look fine.

Comment

Wow, this thread makes me feel old, but I'm only 27...

It's only RSP, Just clean them, be happy you don't have to spit shine anything for your entire military career...

Comment

Working...
                              X