X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did first RSP Training/ No pay?

First of all I enlisted into the KS ARNG on 20100811 on a Wednesday and had a RSP drill the following Saturday and Sunday(20100814-15). It was a great experience for me and lots of fun and the MRE's were delicious. Hoping to do it again this month. =] Also my recruiter said that since this is my first drill I wouldn't get paid until 15-20 days later. So I called my recruiter and asked him why I still haven't received my pay, and he said that if I don't get it within the next couple of days to call him. And that is what I am doing now. Does anyone know why I still haven't received my first drill pay, and how long does it usually come, if first time drilling.

Re: Did first RSP Training/ No pay?

Originally posted by THeBeaSTJoHN
    First of all I enlisted into the KS ARNG on 20100811 on a Wednesday and had a RSP drill the following Saturday and Sunday(20100814-15). It was a great experience for me and lots of fun and the MRE's were delicious. Hoping to do it again this month. =] Also my recruiter said that since this is my first drill I wouldn't get paid until 15-20 days later. So I called my recruiter and asked him why I still haven't received my pay, and he said that if I don't get it within the next couple of days to call him. And that is what I am doing now. Does anyone know why I still haven't received my first drill pay, and how long does it usually come, if first time drilling.
    There are alot of computer systems and players involved that have to input information on new soldiers. Sometimes they are just behind. Once you get paid the first time, it should remain pretty consistant.

Comment

Ok, guess I'll have to wait a couple more days for the check to come, and thanks for the reply.

Comment

It can sometimes (ie..uaually), take upwards to 45 days to get loaded in the system and DFAS (pay). Just have patience, it will happen but military pay never happens on a logical time frame.

Comment

Keep tabs on it. It's also easy for someone in that process to drop the ball (likely scenario.)

Remember this, when the army doesn't pay you or pay you enough...it takes forever to get it straight. But if they accidentally overpay you a few bucks, they somehow manage to expedite the process of getting it back.

This is the first of many money related issues you'll face. It's practically a feature of the military.

Comment

Ok, thanks alot for the great replys. I just hope I'll receive my money.

Comment

Originally posted by THeBeaSTJoHN
              and the MRE's were delicious
              ...Wait wut?

Comment

Make sure your recruiter put "every 2 week" for your pay period instead of "once a month".

Comment

If you joined on wednesday and drilled on Saturday then I can pretty much be sure that you werent fully loaded in the system by drill. Check with your RSP, not your recruiter, to ask them about your pay situation.

Comment

Yeah i didn't get paid for my first RSP weekend. they forgot to put me into the system. No big deal. Talk to your NCOIC at RSP about it. they will fix it for you.

Comment

More than likely, since you just enlisted, by the time all of the deductions are taken out of your check, you actually owe them money. That's why you haven't gotten paid.

Comment

Originally posted by Macnamara View Post
                        Make sure your recruiter put "every 2 week" for your pay period instead of "once a month".
                        Since when did they do that?

Comment

Originally posted by EOrsini View Post
                          Since when did they do that?
                          That has nothing to do with anything. That poster must be misinformed.

Comment

Originally posted by RSP NCO View Post
                            That has nothing to do with anything. That poster must be misinformed.
                            Just checking. I was about to say that that makes no sense to get paid your drill pay split in 2. two $5 paychecks isn't better than one $10 lol

Comment

Working...
                            X