X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first RSP experience

I had heard a lot of people say that they thought RSP was really boring.. but I actually had a lot of fun. On saturday, first thing in the morning we did the 1-1-1 PT, which went surprisingly well, only 2 people failed. After the PT, we Red Phasers showered, got our ACU's and then went in to a classroom where a SFC taught us some pretty basic stuff such as rank structure, general orders, soldier's creed (all of which I had memorized before I left, which made it really easy). After that a SSG taught us some real basic marching and how to address and report to our superiors. At 12 we had chow, then went back in. Around 4(ish?) we had final formation, a few guys were promoted, a few were handed off to their units, and we left.
    Sunday we came back, did some basic PT stretches and whatnot, followed but a few different things on the pull-up bar. After the pull-ups we went for a run in formation. The cadances that some of the guys knew were pretty good, and this was overall my favorite part -- before I knew it we were finished with the run. After the run we stretched a little more, then hit the showers and changed in to uniform. We did a little bit of M-16 work and radio work, and a few things to get us ready for land nav next month. We had a Resilience class, got quizzed on the general orders and phonetic alphabet, then had our AAR with the 1SG, and had final formation.

I had a lot of fun at RSP, and actually can't wait to get back to it. The other guys (and girls) who were in Red Phase with me were all really cool and the cadre were all awesome. And I did learn a lot. I have 4 more RSP drills before I ship, and I'm pretty confident that I'll be ready when I get there.

Re: My first RSP experience

Good Deal, stay positive, and always do your best.

Comment

Take in everything you can. You will see it ALL again daily at basic.

Comment

That sounds like a really squared away RSP unit. Get good training, and pass it on to your buddies at BCT.

Comment

Yeah, it seemed like a pretty solid unit. Hopefully it'll put me leaps and bounds ahead in BCT.

Comment

Originally posted by kristofer.a.cummings
            Yeah, it seemed like a pretty solid unit. Hopefully it'll put me leaps and bounds ahead in BCT.
            just a few days actually. hahaha. the stuff you learn in RSP is about 1% of what counts in BCT.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance13D
              just a few days actually. hahaha. the stuff you learn in RSP is about 1% of what counts in BCT.
              More than 1%......you will be pleasantly surprized how much you actually learned when you get there.

Comment

Originally posted by KMANinTX
                More than 1%......you will be pleasantly surprized how much you actually learned when you get there.
                Well, speaking from experience, I learned the Army Song, the Soldier's Creed, Rank Structure, CD1, and the Phonetic Alphabet. At least, that's all that stuck with me. We went over some other stuff, but it was more just a quick run through than actually making sure we retained it.

Comment

Haha, no, we did like a "crawl-walk-run" learning thing. We did radio comm this month. First we went through really slowly, so u had the chance to absorb it.. then went over it again a little bit quicker, but still pretty slow. Then finally went through it at a fairly quick pace. Did the same thing with a little bit of land nav stuff as well. I feel like if we cover a little of everything doing that I should be able to pick up a few things.

Comment

Working...
                  X