X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contacts at RSP?

Talk to my recruiter, got it. Hes not available at the moment.

Anyway, I have contacts, I do not own glasses at the moment, I do not have money to get glasses.

I keep hearing RSP is like daycamp, will I be allowed contacts while there? Anyone with experience?

I can probably manage without them, I am not completely blind, 20/40 20/50 without them.

Might give me more incentive to memorize more things before classroom time.

Thanks.

Re: Contacts at RSP?

I wear contacts to RSP. We also got a booklet with rules and regs and what to bring; it stated script contacts are allowed.

I wouldn't go taking it too lightly, sure its more relaxed but you never know who you're going to leave an impression on. For example some of our DS's at RSP are going to be DS's at some peoples BCT.

Comment

I wouldnt compare RSP to "day camp"....that being said, At my RSP if a soldier does not own glasses then they do not have to go buy some just for drill weekend. They can wear their contacts while at drill and then they'll get their awesome army issue glasses once they get to basic.

Comment

you'll get a sexy @_$_$ pair of b.c. glasses once you get to basic. boy will you be beating off the wooly mammouths with sticks with a pair of those bad boys

Comment

Originally posted by SGT Bart
          you'll get a sexy @_$_$ pair of b.c. glasses once you get to basic. boy will you be beating off the wooly mammouths with sticks with a pair of those bad boys
          HAHAHA. except now at basic training these guys and gals now get to choose between 6-7 different types of frames for their glasses. So they don't even look like BCG's anymore. What the **** is this army coming to!

Comment

Originally posted by EOrsini
            HAHAHA. except now at basic training these guys and gals now get to choose between 6-7 different types of frames for their glasses. So they don't even look like BCG's anymore. What the **** is this army coming to!

that's bullsh!t, im writting a letter to my congressman......

Comment

ARE you SERIOUS? Im still going to rock out with those BCGs and take my pictures in them. I heard of alot of people taking them off for pictures. That is so lame.

Thanks for the replies everyone else.

Comment

WTF?? I didn't have a choice at Ft Jackson... I got the BCGs and let me tell you, I could not keep the shemale away.

Comment

Sir are you sure thats not at SRP? We had a choice then.. but at basic they are still limited to the single style.. N-7's if im not mistaken, at SRP you should get a pair of N-7's that have shaded glasses and then the metal framed glasses you can choose from.

Comment

not everywhere sir. i just got back from FLW in June and i rocked the BCG's strong. we all had them.

Comment

Attack of the soldiers telling the LT he's wrong!! lol. I am correct in my response, however some of you are correct in yours. Apparently it is depending on the MOS that is chosen. I guess depending on how strenuous the job is they will force you to wear BCGs, but if you are a less stressful job or something that doesn't require extensive field work you have the options. Sorry 11Bs! lol But it is also true that later on when you do SRPs or things of that nature you may get that option as well so not all hope is lost.

Comment

Im just curious where you saw this at Sir, I know when I went through our Company allowed civilan glasses or contacts on Sundays only, if we were not training,

Comment

Originally posted by tyler1124
                          Im just curious where you saw this at Sir, I know when I went through our Company allowed civilan glasses or contacts on Sundays only, if we were not training,
                          I get ya, no worries. You don't have to Sir me through the computer. Just make sure you are standing at attention when you post lol

Comment

I get ya, no worries. You don't have to Sir me through the computer. Just make sure you are standing at attention when you post lol

woahwoah wooaahhh.....o nvm, I thought you meant something else. Carry on

Comment

Working...
                            X