X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got ACU's and PT's!!

I've been going to RSP since April and since I have been there for over 90 days I recieved a set of ACU's and PT's!! I'm pretty pumped!!!!! just had to share it with everyone

Re: Got ACU's and PT's!!

Congrats, I was lucky, got mine the first month.

You wont like those ACUs after you have to wear them in the heat a little while. Not to be a downer or anything.

Comment

Yeah I had to wear them Saturday after PT and it was quite warm haha

Comment

I took the oath today and have my first drill this Saturday. I'm pretty pumped!!!!

Comment

Your gonna love it! Just take in as much information as possible! It will help you quite a bit if you go in with an open mind... Congrats on the choice you made!

Comment

I've now been in the Guard for about 2 and a half years, and I remember my first set of ACU's given to me.

And let me just say, I am filled with pride every day I put on the uniform. You might enlist for a million different reasons when you first joined, but by the time you come up on your second enlistment - you'll do it all for the American Flag on your right sleeve.

Wear them with pride, and take good care of them c.reel22.

Comment

I remember my first set of ACUs, I thought and felt like the looked like retarded pajamas.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom
                I remember my first set of ACUs, I thought and felt like the looked like retarded pajamas.
                You motivate me Phantom.

Comment

You know after wearing ACU's in Africa, they are not horrible and I'm never complaining about them again, If it can be 120 with 98% humitdy and I am still comfortable in ACU's don't thank they are that bad...

Comment

I bet you wear them around your house and sleep in them too. Hopefully you're not one of those kids that finds any and every excuse to stop at the mall or something after their high speed rsp drill. Patch-less, beret-less and all.

Comment

Originally posted by np_02
                      I bet you wear them around your house and sleep in them too. Hopefully you're not one of those kids that finds any and every excuse to stop at the mall or something after their high speed rsp drill. Patch-less, beret-less and all.
                      they get patches at RSP

Comment

I hope your not talkin about me! I don't know why you would get that idea. Sorry for being excited about finally wearing a uniform at RSP. That is the only time I plan on wearing it until BCT

Comment

And I sure hope your not talking about me, I am currently Deployed.. which means im past 11B OSUT.. and have been.. and I've slept in them many nights, as should any Real Soldier.. and I would give anything to be beret-less when I return stateside.. I think RSP is lucky all they have is the PC...

Comment

hey calm down haha wasn't making any personal attacks, more of general statement. I've seen it first hand, just saying don't be one of "those guys"

Comment

They give them state guard patches at rsp? Thats kinda backwards isnt it? We got in trouble if we wore the unit crest and t-patch because we werent MOSQ or even soldiers yet.

Not saying its not different for each state, im just seeing different mindsets.

Comment

Working...
                              X