X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RSP question

Well, I am not in your area but just got back from my 2nd RSP drill. Each area is different, but pay attention, keep your head up and soak it in. You can get a lot of useful info if your new to the Army thru this program, again depending on how your drills are handeled. For me we reported this past Friday at 1630 and did PT till about 1900. We had 2-2-2 which was great, really opens your eyes on what to prepare for and what you may be weak it. We did some drill & ceremony, informative if you don't know facing, ranks, columns, etc. Chow at 2000, then making beds , getting a rundown of rules to follow, fireguard, etc.

Saturday was formation at 0530, PT till 0930, chow, them more PT and smoking till 1130. More drill, some road marching with cadence, learned how to properly hold our weapons and take prone position, fire teams and the wedge with hand signals, chow at 1300. We did the EST (simulator with M4, M16, M203 launcher)

Then we paired up into squads and did an exercise with some ROTC cadets from Marist College. Learned room clearing, hand signals, not to flag our squadmates, more marching with cadence. Chow at 1700, another exercise with ROTC infiltrating a "village" with 3 high value targets, working in squads, room clearing, providing security for lead and recon squads. 3 mile road march from 1900-2100 with hand signals, lights out after shower at 2230.

This morning was formation at 0600, PT in the rain till 0900 with mass smokings. A small run (.5 mile at best, with smoking afterward) Chow, then more smoking. Did some counseling, asked some battle handoffs about their time at BCT & AIT, more smoking (seeing a pattern here?) Finished at 1330.

You'll be sore as heck, but you will learn alot if you pay attention. Good luck dude!

Comment

Wow thanks for the really informative reply! I can't wait to go to my first drill! I'm not worried about drill and ceremony too much because I did two years of NJROTC so I got that down.What I'm nervous about is the PT.I really need to improve on that before I go to my first drill so I don't embarrass myself.

Comment

Not a prob, just try to do PT at home as well. If your RSP does 1min. pushups, 1 min. sit-ups, 1 mile run, do the 2-2-2 at home to help for APFT. My PT is getting better, especially since I finally quit smoking cigarettes. My first RSP my 2 mile run was like 19:36, after quitting I was at 15:49 this weekend. I have to practice my push ups and sit ups, but as long as you practice at home you'll be fairly well prepared for BCT. Enjoy man, I found it to be a lot of fun.

Also as an afterthought ask your recuriter about you and your brother going to BCT together. You'll both be able to keep each other motivated and help each other out. That might make your BCT a world of difference to have someone you feel you can depend on from the start.
        Last edited by jetsfan26; August 22nd, 2010, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Thanks! I'm actually gonna start to PT tomorrow with my brother to try and improve our fitness.I asked the recruiter if we could go to BCT together but he said it's hard to do especially since we're doing different MOS's.Anyways,my brother is thinking of going to BCT in the spring instead of the summer.It'd be awesome if we went together though!

Comment

Ok I have another question about RSP.I found out that the camp where RSP is held is only 15 minutes away from my house.Would it be allowed for me and my brother to go home at night instead of having to sleep in the barracks?

Comment

Originally posted by jc091393
              is only 15 minutes away from my house
              That's where you're wrong. It's 2 days away from your house.
              After BCT & AIT, when you're a BHO, then they'll let you go home in the evening.

Comment

Ok I have another question about RSP.I found out that the camp where RSP is held is only 15 minutes away from my house.Would it be allowed for me and my brother to go home at night instead of having to sleep in the barracks?
                Every RSP is different, but Im pretty sure most have you have to stay. I know it wouldnt matter here if you lived on base next to my building...you'd be waving good night to your mommy from the barracks windows.

Comment

Thanks for the replies! Even better that they don't let us go home! I'd rather sleep in the barracks to get the full experience.My older brother is the one with the car and the one who'd rather sleep at home.

Comment

Thanks for the replies! Even better that they don't let us go home! I'd rather sleep in the barracks to get the full experience.My older brother is the one with the car and the one who'd rather sleep at home.

Holy ****!!! Wally and the Beave joined the Army!!! I bet Ward and June are so proud!!!!

Comment

Ok..........thank you? What is that supposed to mean? please excuse my lack of knowledge,"Leave it to ******" was way before my time

Edit: Why is b e a v e r censored????

Comment

Edit: Why is b e a v e r censored????

HAHAHAHAHA....this is so ridiculous

Comment

Working...
                        X