X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not quite clear on..

...the RSP timeline. I thought it was just a pre-BCT program to help prepare you for BCT. After BCT / AIT, do you have to return and finish all the phases of RSP where you were previously drilling before you can be handed off to your unit or do you report to your unit within a specified time frame after the completion of AIT?

Re: Not quite clear on..

Once you complete AIT you will do one last drill as a gold phase Soldier. Some units send reps for a hand off and some don't. If your unit does not send a rep, make sure to get with your full time NCO at RSP to get a POC at your unit.

Comment

Great! I appreciate it!

Comment

This varies from state to state. In our state, we will get you to your unit as soon as you get back. You will not have to drill again with us. In other states, they have you drill up to 3 more drills apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by RSP NCO
          In other states, they have you drill up to 3 more drills apparently.
          So the soldier can start to forget everything he learned?

Comment

So is it best to just call one's RSP to find out if their state requires the Gold phase drill(s)? I just returned from AIT (92A) last night and the 72 hour window to get with your unit seems pretty intimidating when one has no idea who to contact {and their recruiter is perpetually unavailable} or where to go

Comment

Originally posted by Christba
              So is it best to just call one's RSP to find out if their state requires the Gold phase drill(s)? I just returned from AIT (92A) last night and the 72 hour window to get with your unit seems pretty intimidating when one has no idea who to contact {and their recruiter is perpetually unavailable} or where to go
              That 72 hours is to report to your RSP, not to actually report to your new unit. Call your RSP as soon as you are back, they are waiting for you anyways. They will give you further instructions on what you need to do. I will add to that though, if you get back on a friday night, sat, or sun, wait till monday to call. I get so tired of people calling me at 2200 on saturday to let me know they just got home and want to know if they should report in then.

Comment

Working...
              X