X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First RSP Expercience: 5/15/10 - 5/16/10

Nothing like a delicious meal of beanie weenies, and stale bread at Camp Seagirt for NJ RSP.

Sounds like you're learning a lot. Basic training is more mental than it is physical, and I personally believe the biggest muscle in your body is your heart. If that's strong, you can accomplish anything. If you've got all of the Soldiers Creed and the General Orders down you are light-years ahead of your active-duty counterparts.

Best of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom
      The RSP has a good amount to work with, with all the turnover of troops coming and going. Herding cats, thats all the Army is...

AINT THAT THE TRUTH!

I have over 300 a year come through my site alone.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveGuard
        Nothing like a delicious meal of beanie weenies, and stale bread at Camp Seagirt for NJ RSP.

Best of luck.
        These words have been in the back of my head ever since I read them Steve but I guess we lucked out because our food was pretty **** good. Lunch was some meat patty concoction that was pretty good with no undesired after effects Dinner was chicken parm with pasta and carrots, breakfast was pancakes eggs and a hash brown. There was a salad bar and other various things (fruit and pudding and stuff) for each meal.

We apparently had some screwups with timing and some events that were going on blah blah so we didn't get to do everything they wanted but I still thought RSP was awesome. I was so bummed when I got home and had to take the uniform off, its incredible how much one weekend can change you. I can't wait to ship to OSUT.

Its pretty simple. Do what your told, don't ever fall asleep unless you're in bed, don't run off by yourself, don't ever quit, don't talk when you're not supposed to, eat the food even if you don't like it, have fun. You volunteered for this, it WILL help you prepare so you don't get shellshocked the first week of basic. Absorb the lifestyle and attitudes as much as you can, learn to love it. I sure as heck did.

Oh and don't be that girl arguing with the cadre about fake eyelashes and "the Sergeant's attitude" or whatever nonsense that was.

Anybody in NJ who goes to RSP.... for the most part the Cadre are all cool, but SSGT SARNI IS THE MAN!! JUST DONT **** HIM OFF! And don't lose your bottle of HOOAH, its not that hard to hold onto.

Comment

Second RSP experience:

Getting to the armory an hour early, only you THINK you're right on time and there's not a single person there, is not a good feeling

Now I wait.....

Comment

Originally posted by NJ732
            Second RSP experience:

Getting to the armory an hour early, only you THINK you're right on time and there's not a single person there, is not a good feeling

Now I wait.....
            Are you sure you have the right weekend?

Comment

Second RSP experience:

Now I wait.....

That place is terrible to show up early.... I'm sure your waiting will end once they find something for you to do.

How many drills do you have left until you ship?

Comment

I was at my recruiters armory catching the bus to the RSP, and yeah it was the right weekend, I just got there way too early cuz I thought the bus was going at 7 not 8

I have one more next month then I ship out 4 days later

This weekend kinda sukked. Stupid kids are stupid, thats all I have to say about that.

"Warriors! Whats wrong! Yall look more confused than a blind le$bian in a fish market!" Drill Sergeants are awesome.

Comment

"Warriors! Whats wrong! Yall look more confused than a blind le$bian in a fish market!" Drill Sergeants are awesome.
                  LOL I smiled, thanks for sharing. Thats good. Where are your RSP's @? seagirt or?

Comment

DS also told us to check out the facebook page "Funny sh** that drill sergeants say", great if you enjoy DS humor

Yes my RSP is at Sea Girt

Blue Phase next month then the real deal... I need more improvement on my runs, they're all over the place

Last month we ran the 1 mile twice because some people messed it up (dont ask) on Saturday and Sunday, first one I did 7:45 second one I did 6:46 (my fastest ever BTW), and 42pu/36 su

This time I did 46/35/7:29

I just got off a 10 hour shift but.. I think I'll go for a run!

Comment

DS also told us to check out the facebook page "Funny sh** that drill sergeants say", great if you enjoy DS humor

Yes my RSP is at Sea Girt

Blue Phase next month then the real deal... I need more improvement on my runs, they're all over the place
                      Last month we ran the 1 mile twice because some people messed it up (dont ask) on Saturday and Sunday, first one I did 7:45 second one I did 6:46 (my fastest ever BTW), and 42pu/36 su

This time I did 46/35/7:29

I just got off a 10 hour shift but.. I think I'll go for a run!

I'm sorry...I'm tired and that line made me laugh a little

Good luck on your last RSP before heading out. Let us know when you're back and how your training went!

Comment

Working...
                      X