X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First RSP Expercience: 5/15/10 - 5/16/10

I'll try to be as detailed as possible. But I am so tired from lack of sleep right now I could literally fall asleep typing ha! Sorry for any misspellings but I'm sure you'll get the gist.

Firstly I'm a female (also asked the question about failing the 1-1-1), and this was my first of only 2 drills.

Friday: My recruiter gave me a pair of ACU's. A little big but it was descent.
    Make sure you pack: Hygiene products (tooth brush/paste, wash cloths, deodorant, basically anything you usually use bring it.) ... a change of clothes if you dont get an ACU ... a pair of pt type gear incase they dont have your pt gear ready to hand out (alot of people got in trouble for not bringing their own.) They didnt get a full shipment in this weekend and me and a few others were the only ones who got a complete set. Bring a sleeping bag or twin size sheets...they only provide pillows and a horrible mattress.

Saturday: Arrive at 7:45 am and formation is at 8:00 am. For those new like me know how to FALL IN...just hurry and get behind some one and stand at Attention..then they'll call for Parade rest. They will row call and send red phase with their instructor for the day... Ok honestly we were in class ALLLLLLL day. (you learn about general orders, army values, military time, the alphabet..along with quite a bit more. **LEARN ALL OF THAT BEFORE YOU GO..You will have a great advantage and do less push ups. Lunch at 12pm..back to class..then a little drill and ceremony..Chow at 5pm..formation...then to the barracks...alot of people were really cool and fun but a few of the females got into fights over petty things. Pizza was ordered..we studied..and lights out at 10pm.

Oh yeah..they do not search your bag, I had my phone all day both days, and all night...we had several breaks during class when I made calls ect...Bring dollars for the vending machine..we could have food/drinks in class

Saturday:
    I was back up at 12am for an hour of fire guard, then back up at 5:30 am for formation in PT gear. Red phase goes to the track for the 1-1-1. I did really well on push ups and sit ups...surpassing all females. The run is another story but I was only off by a minute which should be easy to improve..alot of guys failed though. Back to the barracks...shower...in ACU's...then to chow. After chow back to the class rooms until lunch. Today you will be asked did you study the night before and they will ask you all random questions. If you get it wrong you will do push ups..usually 10..after lunch you clean clean clean...then formation...then Home by 1 ish.

As far as smoking..they don't do that alot to Red Phase unless your just being dumb..literally. Overall it was easy and and I doubt this is anything like BCT. I think I had one of the more relaxed RSP's though.

Any questions just ask.

Re: First RSP Expercience: 5/15/10 - 5/16/10

Come to my RSP HQ..... Lots of smoke. And there is no food or drink in class period.
    It obviously varies by cadre.

Comment

Your lucky you got a mattress we got a cot. Aslo we had to order ACU's and dont know when ill get them. We could'nt use the vending machine and you didnt say anything about MRE's did you get to try them?

Comment

Really? Its come down to my RSP is harder than your RSP? LOOK AT THE 50m TARGET and TICK TOCK.. Its not RSP... RSP is Good, but its DayCamp.

Great Post ArkANGchick, looks like you learned a lot. Keep it up, BCT is right around the corner.

Comment

Really? Its come down to my RSP is harder than your RSP?
          My orderly room can print more documents than yours!

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom
            Really? Its come down to my RSP is harder than your RSP? LOOK AT THE 50m TARGET and TICK TOCK.. Its not RSP... RSP is Good, but its DayCamp.

Great Post ArkANGchick, looks like you learned a lot. Keep it up, BCT is right around the corner.
            Hehehe....no, just don't want some to think it's just about sitting in a classroom. Prepare for the worst, be happy if it isn't.

Our last drill weekend, everyone did about 6 miles getting put in the grass every mile or so. Just be prepared.....like eat breakfast before you get there. You MAY need the energy.....

Comment

Originally posted by 7011USMC
              My orderly room can print more documents than yours!

I bet they can and do. I have full time S-1 section for that, along with my Admin NCO. Kudos, to your Orderly Room, I hate paperwork, and glad someone else has that job. The RSP has a good amount to work with, with all the turnover of troops coming and going. Herding cats, thats all the Army is...

Comment

I was'nt trying to say who could pi$$ the farthest in my post and if i could go to the real thing right now i would be loving it im not scared bring it on. Also that was a good Thread was'nt knocking it. RSP is day camp you know it is when you get Panda Exspress and Carrows for dinner and breakfast.

Comment

My reply wasnt posted at a individual, especially since there was more than one reply related. RSP is a great tool, but thats all it is. A tool to help the individual prepare. There is no need for anyone to get bent around the axle over RSP. They are all different. Learn as much as you can there, and apply that knowledge, in your Army Career. Every RSP training is different, just like every Companies Training is different. Dont get used to taking things personal, let it roll off. We wish everyone success, for we all end up in the same fight.

Its fun to get excited about RSP, its a NG members first day of school in the military. It is a new experience and adventure. Crawl, Walk and Run.. We all get to the dance.
                  Last edited by Phantom; May 17th, 2010, 12:47 PM.

Comment

There is no need for anyone to get bent around the axle over RSP. We wish everyone success, for we all end up in the same fight.

Its fun to get excited about RSP, its a NG members first day of school in the military. It is a new experience and adventure. Crawl, Walk and Run.. We all get to the dance.
                    My axles arent bent it was a head gasket that blew. lol! IM sorry!

Comment

For what it's worth....My orderly room still prints more documents than yours LOL! My dance is the watermelon crawl

Comment

Thats Awesome Devildawg!! Its always good to hear of units performing at their best. Now back to ArkANGchicks post.

Comment

Originally posted by 7011USMC
                          For what it's worth....My orderly room still prints more documents than yours LOL! My dance is the watermelon crawl
                          OMG... I love the Watermelon Crawl!!!! :-) Such an awesome dance! And I shred more papers than everyone in your orderly room put together!

Comment

I totally spelled experience wrong lol..but anyway..

Yeah I totally learned alot and it was at times pretty fun. I realize every RSP is different, but at the same time people in White, White 1,2 ect or Blue were expected to act more accordingly and know more. If they didnt they came down hard on them.

Nope No MRE's jD...

And I honestly I do think in Red Phase and Blue Phase you spend alot of time in class. Now white, 1,2,3 however long you're there get to do alot more...working with weapons, D&C, Lots of PT (long road marches)... I have mixed feelings about not being able to experience (I got it that time lol) White phase.

I'm going straight to Blue Phase, which means I'll be back in the class again. Also here Blue phase is on a NO PT order because they dont want to send you to basic "hurt"...

Comment

You wanna get in good running shape before you go to BCT. You need to run intervals, circuit, and some distant. Don't know how long you have till basic...but GET IN SHAPE NOW!

Comment

Working...
                              X