Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Failing the 1-1-1 at RSP and Weather question?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failing the 1-1-1 at RSP and Weather question?

I have my first of 2 drills coming up this weekend. Wondering what happens if you fail the 1-1-1 test they give you at drill.

As in, is there repercussions like getting my ship date pushed back or anything else negative.

Im a female (19) and can do (20) push ups / (30) sit ups / but Im seriously lacking on the run time I hit 10:31 midway through my last lap thus failing the 1-1-1.

ALSO:

The weather has been forecast as thunder/raining all weekend. What usually happens at these drills?

Re: Failing the 1-1-1 at RSP and Weather question?

Originally posted by ArkANGchick
    I have my first of 2 drills coming up this weekend. Wondering what happens if you fail the 1-1-1 test they give you at drill.

As in, is there repercussions like getting my ship date pushed back or anything else negative.

Im a female (19) and can do (20) push ups / (30) sit ups / but Im seriously lacking on the run time I hit 10:31 midway through my last lap thus failing the 1-1-1.

ALSO:

The weather has been forecast as thunder/raining all weekend. What usually happens at these drills?
    Typically, you'd get setup with some kind of remedial PT. Sometimes in the form of taking the test every drill until you pass. I can't say for sure if they would move your ship date, but I wouldn't think it was out of the question.

As for the weather, and being this is RSP...they will likely arrange to perform everything you planned to do....inside instead of outside or come up with an alternative training schedule.

Comment

I'm confident I'll pass it before I leave..which is in June..Im only doing 2 RSP though!

Thanks for the reply

Comment

Wear clothes you don't want to keep.

Comment

I'm confident I'll pass it before I leave..which is in June..Im only doing 2 RSP though!

Thanks for the reply
          Let me ask you this....who said it was required?

Comment

I don't think it's necessary unless things have changed. Originally it was given to show you where you are before you leave, but yuo still leave on time pass or fail. At basic they are going to condition you and get you into Army shape, and you'll be able to pass at the end. But maybe things have changed

Comment

You'll get another 1-1-1 at BCT in Red Phase. Several people in my platoon failed the run, they were just on remedial PT until the next PT test. If they passed, they were off remedial PT usually.

Comment

Run more get your body used to it 5 days a week and walk alot. Also start off by running and walking at first then just run.

Comment

Question:
                  For the 1-1-1s and the APFT situps, your hands have to be behind your head?

I normally do situps with my hands across my chest holding my shoulders, the hands behind the head is really uncomfortable

Guess I should get used to it?

Comment

-Its best to try to pass the 1-1-1 before you leave for Bct as it will benefit you. But it is not a requirement. I was the only female of my Rsp to pass the run and sadly that included the Bct Split grads.

-Yes hands have to behind your head and fingers interlocked. They come out from behind or unlocked, you fail.

Comment

Originally posted by NJ732
                      Question:
                      For the 1-1-1s and the APFT situps, your hands have to be behind your head?

I normally do situps with my hands across my chest holding my shoulders, the hands behind the head is really uncomfortable

Guess I should get used to it?
                      From FM 21-20, Fig 14-6
                      "During the performance of the sit-up event, the fingers must be interlocked and behind the head. As long as any of the fingers are overlapping to any degree, the fingers are considered to be interlocked."

Comment

Working...
                      X