X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACU wear question

My schedule does not allow me to get my haircut until 2 hours before I leave to drill weekend. I have to report in ACUs as well and I dont have time to come home from work, get my haircut, come home, get in my ACUs, then leave to camp Edwards which is were my RSP weekends are. Is it passible or acceptable for me to get in my ACUs after work and then go to get my haircut? Im not one at all to boast and brag about being in the military by wearing my ACUs in public Because I know we military personal aren't really allowed to use are ACUs off base, but I was wondering if its ok if your on your way to drill...would this be passible?

Re: ACU wear question

Originally posted by aThrasher105
    My schedule does not allow me to get my haircut until 2 hours before I leave to drill weekend. I have to report in ACUs as well and I dont have time to come home from work, get my haircut, come home, get in my ACUs, then leave to camp Edwards which is were my RSP weekends are. Is it passible or acceptable for me to get in my ACUs after work and then go to get my haircut? Im not one at all to boast and brag about being in the military by wearing my ACUs in public Because I know we military personal aren't really allowed to use are ACUs off base, but I was wondering if its ok if your on your way to drill...would this be passible?
    Because you are on your way to drill it will not be a big deal to stop for a haircut. I am AGR and all of the males around me get their haircuts during the duty day. So obviously they are in uniform.

hmmm I wonder if i can be allowed time off to get my hair cut, dyed, styled, eyebrows waxed, nails done? I mean one appointment every 6-8 weeks versus 1 a week? lol kidding!

Comment

If drill or a military function is or just was...on your agenda for the day, it's perfectly fine.

Just remember, you never know who is in the Guard in your community. If you're going to be in uniform, look good and wear it right.

Comment

lol. Thanks for the answer ! Much Appreciated ! Is the policy for AR 670-1 different for every state? or does every officer in each state decide?

Comment

Originally posted by aThrasher105
          lol. Thanks for the answer ! Much Appreciated ! Is the policy for AR 670-1 different for every state? or does every officer in each state decide?
          AR stands for Army Regulation, state TAG's can add to it but not take away from it.

Comment

Every officer in each state decides.
            What else are we going to let the LTs do? =P

Comment

Originally posted by Marine2Guard
              AR stands for Army Regulation, state TAG's can add to it but not take away from it.
              However, somethine that is commonly confused with this, which I have ran into ALOT with my MOS, is that you cannot forbid something that is specifically authorized. (I know it is done, but it is wrong)

Comment

Originally posted by Teuvil
                What else are we going to let the LTs do? =P
                enlisted: SIR, WERE ABOUT TO GOTO LUNCH! HURRY, WE NEED AN OP ORDER!!!

sir: Roger, wait one.

Comment

Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1
                  However, somethine that is commonly confused with this, which I have ran into ALOT with my MOS, is that you cannot forbid something that is specifically authorized. (I know it is done, but it is wrong)
                  True, that is why I included.....
                  Originally posted by Marine2Guard

Comment

Working...
                  X