X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rsp

I have RSP OR1 this up coming weekend from the 19th-21st at camp edwards. What should I expect at OR1? I know my Gen. orders, ranks, can run a Mile in 7 min. flate easily, can do 52 push-ups in 1 set, and can do 75 sit-ups. should I be Good to go?

Re: Rsp

Originally posted by aThrasher105
    I have RSP OR1 this up coming weekend from the 19th-21st at camp edwards. What should I expect at OR1? I know my Gen. orders, ranks, can run a Mile in 7 min. flate easily, can do 52 push-ups in 1 set, and can do 75 sit-ups. should I be Good to go?
    You're a lot more high speed then most of the recruits that will be there. I haven't even been to RSP and I know that.

Comment

Originally posted by mheathershaw
      You're a lot more high speed then most of the recruits that will be there. I haven't even been to RSP and I know that.
      QFT........

Comment

lol whats QFT??

Comment

lol whats QFT??
          quoted for truth. I spend too much time in forums, i think.

Anyway, you're squared away, brother. Good luck out there.

Comment

I would suggest learning the Soldiers Creed, if you don't already know it.

If you are good to go on recognizing Rank, then I would suggest learning more about different circumstances you would encounter those ranks and how you should handle approaching/speaking to each of them.

(One of the most popular questions I see is, "Wow, thats the First Sergeant in civilian clothes...do we call at ease when he enters the room?" :: The answer is of course, YES, if you recognize that he is the First Sergeant.

Know whether or not you should salute an officer if you or he/she is in civilian clothing. Know the appropriate way to address a Chief Warrant Officer.Know when and WHO is to call the room/platoon/company to attention.

Its never too early to work on a command voice and drill and ceremony. I've noticed you can go a VERY long way, if you can simply get a group of 30 soldiers from point A, to point B in an orderly fashion to a svelt cadence. I've literally been commended simply because I stood up front and knew commands, and could project my voice (As a Mediterranean with a naturally loud voice, I still don't understand the praise I get for yelling err talking in the same voice that I do to my family!).

Anyway, those are my recommendations from Private to Private.

Comment

Originally posted by mheathershaw
              looks like were in the sam boat no?? Like your MOS by the way !

Comment

Yea so I have all my PT gear and everything else in between packed up that my recruiter told me to bring with me. I'm def going to go to the gym tomorrow night and run a solid 6 miles again. got to be at the taunton,MA Armory at 1830 friday. I'll post again when I get back ! Hoah !

Comment

can I use my ACU backpack alone for carrying my luggage this weekend, or should I forget about that and use a regular suitcase?

Comment

can I use my ACU backpack alone for carrying my luggage this weekend, or should I forget about that and use a regular suitcase?
                    Only use the UCP backpack if you've bought the SF and Ranger tabs to stick on there before you go.

Comment

OR2 was GREAT ! It was everything I expected. Honestly I wish I was still there down at camp Edwards but unfortunately I have to wait till April 16 for my next RSP weekend :/ But Im still pumped as ever. Hoahh !

sit-ups: 37+

push-ups: 34

1 mile run: 6:57

I thought that was pretty good, considering 10-15% of my RSB of 62 soldiers couldn't even do 10 push ups or run a mile better than 7:30. I've been gettin up at 0430 every morning stretching for a half hour and doin PT till 6am. Gonna freakin rape that next PT test haha. Hoah !

P.S: words of encouragement for recruits worrying about there first RSP weekend. If your feeling nervous about it or anxious, that feeling is perfectly normal, but it will get even worse when a DS pulls you and the recruits off the bus haha. You will see. When you step off that bus, it feels like your entering a new world. At first you will be flustered for sure which is again normal, cause no civilian before they join the armed forces, is used to screaming men around them telling them what to do, especially if your 18-21yrs of age and Im 18. But If you keep a positive attitude, keep your ears open, listen to directions and orders given from your cadre or DS, and keep your mouth shut, then it should be smoothhh sailinnnnn. Unless you are one of those recruits that can only do 10 push-ups in one minute. But again that is what the RSP is for, to wake you up and show you were your physical weaknesses are, and 100% motivates you if you allow the RSP to. And also remember, Drill S may be scary people which they are lol, but remember they put there pants on the same way you do in the morning. Out.
                      Last edited by aThrasher105; March 26th, 2010, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X