Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSP acu's

Hello agian everyone.
    I had questions that I have been thinking about recently, that you guys/gals may be able to help me out with.

I am currently in RSP and will be getting a set of ACU's as I will be in RSP for a while before shipping. We were told that when you leave for BCT that you won't bring those ACU's with you as they will give you some when you get there. What would I do with the ACU's that RSP gave me at that point? would I turn them back In or would I just keep them because I could use them after BCT/AIT? Could I use them agian at a later point?

Also, I have to do my GED before I go to BCT, and it is my understanding that when you are at camp Robinson (i think thats the correct place) that you are in a type of RSP. So agian, would I still leave my RSP ACU's here or would I bring them to Arkansas with me because I would be in RSP still?

Sorry if these are stupid questions, I just was wondering how it all worked, any help would be apreciated

Re: RSP acu's

oh and im sorry I posted this in the Main forum and not the RSP forum..... I didnt notice there was an RSP forum untill just now... sorry

Comment

You just keep your ACUs. You don't have to turn them in.

I'd keep them just to have that junky pair for paintball or whatever.
      Last edited by PalatialGabe; March 15th, 2010, 06:49 PM.

Comment

What you need to do is check with your RSP to see what you need to do. They are the only ones who can properly answer this question as every state does things a little bit differently.

Comment

Originally posted by gabriel.gambino
          You just keep your ACUs. You don't have to turn them in.

I'd keep them just to have that junky pair for paintball or whatever.
          Pretty sure ACUs aren't authorized for wear to paintball...

Comment

You can take the name tapes off and they aren't ACUs anymore...

Comment

Originally posted by RSP NCO
              What you need to do is check with your RSP to see what you need to do. They are the only ones who can properly answer this question as every state does things a little bit differently.
              roger that, I will double check with my NCO at my next drill. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by gabriel.gambino
                You can take the name tapes off and they aren't ACUs anymore...

bdu's work better for paintball imo. more pockets, plus they blend better. at least around here they do

Comment

Originally posted by Petterle
                  bdu's work better for paintball imo. more pockets, plus they blend better. at least around here they do
                  lol that's what I do, but all the new soldiers ain't got em. I still got my tapes on my BDUs though
                  Last edited by PalatialGabe; March 16th, 2010, 06:18 PM.

Comment

nice...mine are just plain. i want to put my unit patch on there i think thatd be cool.

to the OP, sorry for whoring up your thread lol

Comment

nice...mine are just plain. i want to put my unit patch on there i think thatd be cool.

we gotta do what we gotta do lol. My BDUs have like PFC or SPC rank sewn on em, my jump wings, and my patch. It's funny to look at em and realize "holy crap, I was a 17 year old PFC back then" and realize where I came.

Comment

Comment

haha no worries, I am a paintball freak myself, I understand lol.

However, what about the GED+ program? I would assume that I wouldnt bring my RSP acu's there either even though I will still be in RSP, because they will proberly give me another set? I hate to assume though.

Ofcourse, IF they did give me another set, what would I do with those ones since I go From there Directly to Ft. Leonardwood for BCT/AIT.

questions questions.... lol

Comment

Working...
                          X