X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I do RSP and Active First?

Hey all, just checking to see if I would be able to do both RSP and the Active First programs. If so, how exactly would it work out? Thanks for the help all, it is much appreciated! Brian.

Re: Can I do RSP and Active First?

Well I went to my first RSP weekend this month, there was one recruit there that was going active first. I'm guessing when you do active first they will put you in RSP dependeinding on your ship date. You could have a ship date of 2 months away and be able to attend 2 weekends of RSP. Hope that helps but its best to ask your recruiter.

Comment

Yes...you'll still do RSP when you enlist under the active first option.

Comment

Thank you gentlemen for the reply. It is very much appreciated! Brian.

Comment

what's the maximum number of RSP drills before basic? I'm guessing 6.

Comment

Originally posted by 49thadband
            There is not really a maximum...well...idealy now with the RFP program there shouldnt be someone there longer then 6 months before shipping, but there are always variables that change that. The biggest time table really is that matters is that you must be MOSQ before you reach 24 months in service.

Comment

what's the RFP program? I googled and got nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by 49thadband
                You get 364 days from enlistment to shipping. As the SSG stated, RSP has now changed so that you only attent the six months before shipping. I decided to wait 11 months a few years ago and was in RSP the entire time.

49th, RSP= Recruit Sustainment Program, weekend drills you attend between enlisting and leaving for Basic. Teaches you basic soldier skills in hopes of preparing you for BCT and also keeping soldiers interested when they do Split Ops (basic one summer, ait the following summer

Comment

thanks Becky, I knew about RSP, I was having big-time trouble trying to figure out what RFP program was.

I thought there was a chance he was referring to RSP, but you never know.

Comment

RFP= Recruit Force Pool

Basically the guards version of the Delayed Entry Program. If you enlist and your ship date is over 180 out then you will have to go back to MEPS once you are within 180 days of shipping and sign a new contract and be sworn in again and that is when you will start drilling at the RSP.

Comment

Working...
                    X