X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First RSP coming up!

BABY WIPES!!!!! They are life savers when showering isn't possible.

Comment

Originally posted by PFC Nothstein
      i have my first RSP this weekend. what i didn't know i asked the NCO when i was there to sign up. they also sent a newsletter with all other info out on Monday to my AKO email account. i'm packed and ready to go already.
      Good luck and have fun at RSP. Remember, you're there to learn and prepare for BCT/AIT and to live, think, and fight as a Soldier. Learn as much as you can and make the right first impression. Hooah!

Comment

well, if you really need to know, I do shower every day.
        Really? Word to the wise when in doubt take a "navy shower" or do the baby wipes. If you do that at bct I'm sure the 60-70 men in your Plt are not going to like "paying" for you being a "scuz bucket".

Your battle buddies will turn on you quickly once the "rain starts coming down". You need no extra attention from the DS either. Hang in there skunk boy...no moutain for a hill climber!

Comment

Originally posted by 7011USMC
          Really? Word to the wise when in doubt take a "navy shower" or do the baby wipes. If you do that at bct I'm sure the 60-70 men in your Plt are not going to like "paying" for you being a "scuz bucket".

Your battle buddies will turn on you quickly once the "rain starts coming down". You need no extra attention from the DS either. Hang in there skunk boy...no moutain for a hill climber!
          We had a guy who didn't shower or brush his teeth. Finally we got fed up with it and with a little encouragement from our DS., we forced him to shower one night. Needless to say when you have nearly 40 guys in the shower room forcing you to shower, you're not fighting your way out. You're gonna shower. Trust me it's not fun having to stand in formation near someone like this or marching, running, or rucking behind them. It's not healthy at all. After that happened to him, I think he was showering atleast once a week. too bad it was halfway through AIT before we did something about it.

Comment

thanks for the advice, now I'm going to be the cleanest in the company

Comment

so i had my first RSP this weekend and as i type this i hurt. LOL Saturday wasn't too bad. we did the 1-1-1 and sat in class the rest of the day learning D&C stuff and rank structure and all that stuff. Sunday we warmed up then did a 16 station circuit where you did 30 seconds at each of the 16 stations. each station was a different excercise. diamond pushups, wide grip pushups, sit ups, mule kicks, flutter kicks, ect. after each 30 second excersize we ran a lap around the gym until we reached the next station. we did that THREE time total. needless to say we were all pretty beat. some people threw up, some people fell out, some people just plain half assed it. none the less i gave it my all and i was DEAD tired afterwards. all in all it was a great drill weekend. i learned a lot and i feel i'll be ahead of the game at basic because of the things i learned to far. i have one more RSP before i ship.

Comment

so i had my first RSP this weekend and as i type this i hurt. LOL Saturday wasn't too bad. we did the 1-1-1 and sat in class the rest of the day learning D&C stuff and rank structure and all that stuff. Sunday we warmed up then did a 16 station circuit where you did 30 seconds at each of the 16 stations. each station was a different excercise. diamond pushups, wide grip pushups, sit ups, mule kicks, flutter kicks, ect. after each 30 second excersize we ran a lap around the gym until we reached the next station. we did that THREE time total. needless to say we were all pretty beat. some people threw up, some people fell out, some people just plain half assed it. none the less i gave it my all and i was DEAD tired afterwards. all in all it was a great drill weekend. i learned a lot and i feel i'll be ahead of the game at basic because of the things i learned to far. i have one more RSP before i ship.

Did they Issue you anything?

Comment

Originally posted by at4user
                  Did they Issue you anything?
                  no nothing. our ACU's weren't in yet. the only thing i got was the big green duffle to pack my stuff for basic in.

Comment

I have my first RSP drill tomorrow and am really just hoping I don't do or say anything stupid. Sometimes I get out of it and don't really know what's going on... so hopefully I can stay focused! Definitely looking forward to it all though. I'm ready to be pushed to my limits

Comment

no nothing. our ACU's weren't in yet. the only thing i got was the big green duffle to pack my stuff for basic in.

I hope you're not planning on filling that bag with things you're bringing to basic.

You should really only need an ACU backpack for what you're taking to basic. If you're bringing more than what fits in that, you are wrong.

Comment

I finally have time to post about my first drill. It was pretty cool. We ended up going to a new RSB facility. I guess its a readiness center so they have the RAPIDS site for our ID's. Brand new armory just opened a month or two prior to our drill. Very squared away unit. Very high speed. The NCOs are very Squared away also. We showed up saturday at about ten am. started in processing at 1030. there was about 50 people so it took about 45 mins to get through all 6 stations. I got my uniforms and my B2X. They didnt really ease us new guys into it. They kinda just expected us to learn by watching. But they didnt come down to hard on us if we were horrible. After in-processing the 6 new people (including me) went through a soldierization class. Learned rank,time,alphabet, three general orders and intro to soldiers creed. The non new people did a class on CLS and Maps. Then lights out was at 2200. Wake up was 0600 with pt at 0630. pt was tough but very fun. that lasted an hour. after that we did drill and ceremony for an hour or two and then had church. (my 1SG is a pastor). then after that we cleaned the whole armory and was dismissed at about 2. I find RSP to be very helpful. I cant believe some people say its a waste of time. Im pumped for next drill. We are going to spend the whole thing learning and practicing MOUT. I heard rumors of rubber bullets... Sounds fun to me. Oh yea and RSP= Lots of pushups if you cant remember rank and general orders. FUN FUN!

Comment

Working...
                        X