X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Losing Weight Before Heading Out To MEPS Journal

Hello anyone who is reading this. I am a male 20yrs old 5'7 & 200lbs. Ive already taken the ASVAB and got a AQFT 79. Im doing this for anyone out there who is overweight and needs to get into shape to join the Guard. I have a neck of 16" and waist of 43". I plan on getting fit within the next 5 weeks! So im going to post up my progress and weekly pics maybe (lol) every week so you can see the progress im making. If anyone feels like sharing any type of suggestions feel free. HOOAH!

Re: Losing Weight Before Heading Out To MEPS Journal

Originally posted by dGorilla27 View Post
    Hello anyone who is reading this. I am a male 20yrs old 5'7 & 200lbs. Ive already taken the ASVAB and got a AQFT 79. Im doing this for anyone out there who is overweight and needs to get into shape to join the Guard. I have a neck of 16" and waist of 43". I plan on getting fit within the next 5 weeks! So im going to post up my progress and weekly pics maybe (lol) every week so you can see the progress im making. If anyone feels like sharing any type of suggestions feel free. HOOAH!
    You're 40 pounds overweight. Five weeks is not enough time. Stay healthy by taking 12 months to lose the weight. Either way, good luck. Here is a great training plan: https://www.benning.army.mil/wtc/wtc...ING%20PLAN.xls

Comment

thank you that work out plan looks awesome! great help!..your right i am 40lbs overweight BUT..im only going down to 176 which is 24lbs. By the end of January i should either be down to my goal weight at 176 or have lost the 4in off my waist that i need to make tape at 26%!
      Last edited by dGorilla27; December 23rd, 2010, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dGorilla27 View Post
        Good luck to you! I am in the same boat (have to lose some weight) and am rooting for you.

Comment

i honestly forgot i had this thread up!...in case theres anybody reading this..these are my results so far..wen i started, the numbers i originally put up were wrong!..after i had started this i got checked out in the gym and my numbers were as follows..wen i started i was 5'7 215lbs neck was 16" and waist was 45" .i am currently 5'7 182lbs with a 15" neck and 39.5" waist. my recruiter specifically asked me to go down to 40" waist and he could get me in! and here i am finallyy!! so MEPS here we come!

Comment

Good job.

Comment

Thank you Squash! im currently 39" waist and i need to be at 38"!!..im going to MEPS in 2 days! 'FRIDAY!! guess what i have to do..my recruiter asked me to do the ol' preparation H and saran wrap trick! so im doing that tomorrow night! lets hope that works???!!..ill let you know what happens..

Comment

You need a bigger neck size, I see that you lost 1 inch off your neck. The bigger the neck size the lower your BMI will be. Also try the plastic bag trick with preparation H. It works. (i did it, and works!)

Comment

For males, the formula is % body fat = 86.010 x log10(abdomen - neck) - 70.041 x log10(height) + 36.76
                  For females, the formula is % body fat = 163.205 x log10(waist + hip - neck) - 97.684 x log10(height) - 78.387
                  http://usmilitary.about.com/od/theor.../a/bodyfat.htm

Comment

well i went into MEPS this morning at 5am didnt get back till 5 pm.. i ended up measuring in at neck 14.5" & 37" waist =)..which means i passed! HOOAH!! now i just need to take take of a tiny problem at court with my recruiter and i should be swearing in this comming Friday! =D

Comment

Congratulation on hitting 25% body fat! After BCT and AIT it should go down to 20%!

Now you gotta work on passing the APFT prior to actual BCT. I know there is a minimum at entrance, but it's 100x better if you train for the actual apft figures. (thats what Im currently doing right now)

Comment

Working...
                      X