Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cold weather running

Originally posted by 0844 View Post
    You're probably a morning person too, aren't you. Go be positive and motivating somewhere else, lol.
    Lol. I didn't use to be. I think I just got old.

Comment

Originally posted by LeftyMedic View Post
      I love running in the cold. I have done runs with temps as low as single digits. I did this mornings 3.5 mile run with temps around 32. Felt great
      I love running in the cold too. It's a great way to build distance. I haven't run in single digits yet. So far teens is the lowest that I've run in.

Comment

Originally posted by Polo08816 View Post
        I love running in the cold too. It's a great way to build distance. I haven't run in single digits yet. So far teens is the lowest that I've run in.
        It was back before Xmas when we had a arctic cold snap out here in VA. I wasn't too sure about it but my running partners really wanted to run. First mile was rough but once I got warmed up it was great. Only issue I had was my water froze in the tube of my camelbak. So for most of a 4.5 mile run I had no water. I wonder if they make them with insulated tubes lol.

Comment

Try different ways to rig up the tube under your clothing so that your body keeps it warm. It's a pain in the arse, but that's what I have to do for ruck marches out here in the winter, that or listen to the salty old NCO's who "suggest" you bring canteens. Haha. I know my camelback had a little sleeve over the tube, which I assume would have helped (a little), but the threading came undone and it fell off.

Comment

Originally posted by MPThink View Post
            Try different ways to rig up the tube under your clothing so that your body keeps it warm. It's a pain in the arse, but that's what I have to do for ruck marches out here in the winter, that or listen to the salty old NCO's who "suggest" you bring canteens. Haha. I know my camelback had a little sleeve over the tube, which I assume would have helped (a little), but the threading came undone and it fell off.

Good idea. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X